Drag week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    I would say do the power tour, and then do drag week. Power tour is much less stress to get to the next city, and a ton more people doing it to drive with. If it will make it on the power tour without much issue, then you can worry about drag week.
    Doesn't drag week fill up pretty quick? I think it's limited to 400 entries and there is always a waiting list.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      Doesn't drag week fill up pretty quick? I think it's limited to 400 entries and there is always a waiting list.
      Started with 355 this year.
      G'Day Mate

Comment

IN small block:
        Randall Reed (white coupe, won last year) is in first with an 8.523
        A green coyote mustang in second with an 8.535
        Rick Stanky is in 3rd with a 8.542
        blue camaro in 4th with a 8.591
        These are the AVERAGE of the last 4 days passes. the margin between 1st and 4th is .067 seconds.

James (DevilleGT aka Mr 5.85) is in first in big block with 8.562
        Darrell Yost is in 2nd with a 8.590.
        If James can run a 8.590 or better tomorrow, Yost cant catch him. If he runs perfect (8.500) tomorrow, his average for 5 days will be 8.572.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          ~5 minutes.
          Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
          Started with 355 this year.
          400 got in, 700 got waitlisted. Only 355 showed up to the track. Some of the 355 were on the wait list, but never got an official "your in" email, but showed up in case there were openings. As of this year, they have not had to turn anyone away, it's never been "full"
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

~5 minutes.

400 got in, 700 got waitlisted. Only 355 showed up to the track. Some of the 355 were on the wait list, but never got an official "your in" email, but showed up in case there were openings. As of this year, they have not had to turn anyone away, it's never been "full"
            I really want to do it. i figure if I can get the rivi sub 13 consistently it's worth going. we will see though. Friend of mines racecar ate itself right before drag week so he's running his 15 second turbo ranger instead and having a much better time. his a/c went out the other day and while everyone is swapping rockers and rebuilding transmissions, he's replacing his compressor. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
              I really want to do it. i figure if I can get the rivi sub 13 consistently it's worth going. we will see though. Friend of mines racecar ate itself right before drag week so he's running his 15 second turbo ranger instead and having a much better time. his a/c went out the other day and while everyone is swapping rockers and rebuilding transmissions, he's replacing his compressor. lol
              caught on fire, I think.

Comment

caught on fire, I think.
                Ya it burned up. but he's used to it, I think his coupe caught fire twice last year.

Comment

I dont understand how Tom Bailey's car is somehow legal. It doesnt even have headlights.

Comment

Is that the white car? They said the front is a quick release panel with headlights and such behind it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                      I dont understand how Tom Bailey's car is somehow legal. It doesnt even have headlights.
                      Ya he changes the nose out when he gets to the track. the closed nose is called "beast mode" I still can't believe he broke into the 5's. that was awesome. The whole week was awesome.

Comment

So what happened to the cat trying to run 20's all week?
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                          So what happened to the cat trying to run 20's all week?
                          he got a good stern talking to for running too fast for his safety cert.

Comment

Working...
                          X