Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$300-$600 Mil dot scope with enough moa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dee View Post
    Have you done a box test on the scope t check repeatably of the adjusts?
    I hadn't, but it seems to be accurate. I use the turrets to adjust from 100-500 yards back and forth.
    IMG_0424

Comment

The monarchs even though are $100 off right now only had 40 moa total in the upper zoom ranges. With my 20moa base it would not have been zeroable at 100 yards.

I ended up with a good deal on a super sniper 3-9x42mm FFP scope. Has 100moa approximately built in so I am hoping at least once to take it to 1000 yards just to say I have.

Comment

You should be good with the SS. I've been kinda put off on Nikons after hearing horror stories from their CS department not standing behind products.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

My sightron big sky 2 has 70MOA total adjustment.
          not bad for a 1" scope
          overall im just not a fan of mil-dot or BDC stuff, so I guess ill just stfu now

nikon monarchs seem pretty good to me as well
          don't know about SS
          for that money vortex would be in mind, they seem to review well though ive never used it before.
          So far for ~300 bucks im pretty happy with my sightron. for 600 they have way better stuff in their line too.

Comment

Only took 3 mils to get to 500. Was able to aim and hold on a 1" target at 500 yards but only managed about a 4.5" group. Hitting a 5" square at that range was tough. Just built a big target stand so we can take our rifles out to 800-1000.

Comment

Working...
            X