$35 Lowers? Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $35 Lowers? Any good?

At Vulcan Armament. Says they're made of Carbon/Aramid? I've never heard of the company nor do i know anything about the material used. Anyone heard of them or know any info on them? Just seem like a Poly lower like Plum Crazy or w/e the name is? Wanted to know if anyone knows anything about them?

www.vulcanarmament.com

I don't know if id buy any lowers that aren't metal

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
      I've never used one, but I know there are some people that use the Polymer ones and say they're just as good. But no first hand experience.

Comment

Those lowers have a very bad reputation. They are probably just getting rid of their inventory because sales are so bad.

after 2 rounds according to the owner:
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

While ive had no personal experience i have heard rumors about heat build up affecting the polymer lowers. chipping, and pin walk.

That being said, a polymer lower requires a polymer hammer, and a special bolt group.

It sounds like more trouble than it is worth, you can easily get an standard metal receiver for under a hundred, and usually less through the group buys that CJ organizes.

Comment

No worries CJ a little gorilla glue and its mended!
            First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by baylordjr View Post
              While ive had no personal experience i have heard rumors about heat build up affecting the polymer lowers. chipping, and pin walk.

That being said, a polymer lower requires a polymer hammer, and a special bolt group.

It sounds like more trouble than it is worth, you can easily get an standard metal receiver for under a hundred, and usually less through the group buys that CJ organizes.
              On their site they even have a Polymer upper. I've never heard of them so just wanted some info. And i'm for sure gonna join in on the GB as i did last time was just curious. End of the thread should have been with the pictures. Thanks CJ.

Comment

I know people with .50 uppers on plum crazy lowers who have had no problems

But vulcan is known for poor quality

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                  I know people with .50 uppers on plum crazy lowers who have had no problems

But vulcan is known for poor quality
                  why cheap out on something like that on a .50 build?its a matter of a few more bucks. I wouldn't buy plum crazy... the name works for a reason...

Comment

There's a new GB on the way?
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      There's a new GB on the way?
                      preliminary stages.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        preliminary stages.
                        LOL. Call me.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

why cheap out on something like that on a .50 build?its a matter of a few more bucks. I wouldn't buy plum crazy... the name works for a reason...
                          because they already had the lower, to show the lower would work, and if it broke it was easy to replace

Comment

You can get a New Frontier Armory complete polymer lower for $99.99. I don't know jack about them though.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              preliminary stages.
                              Ill be in for a few this round.
                              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Working...
                              X