No announcement yet.

New dyno numbers NA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta talk smack while I can (before the nitrous gets hooked up!)

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post

That is a friends car with intake, headers(JBA), and a canned E85 tune. There may be more in it with some real dyno tuning and the boss intake.
      So the cams that aren't worth a Damn are worth 40 or so rwhp?
      Last edited by Slow Five-O; 06-24-2013, 08:56 PM.
      2014 GT
      2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
        So the cams that aren't worth a Damn a worth 40 or so rwhp?
        The comp cams stage 3 were worth 45 rwhp on my car.
        2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Impressive on motor! I wanna see how my AMG will do against it.
          www.LockoutSupplements.com
          discount code = dfwmustangs

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
            The comp cams stage 3 were worth 45 rwhp on my car.
            I see it in the dyno and i think that's respectable. He said he didn't think cams were worth a damn and then posts a car that had bolt ons and e85 tune that is 50rwhp less than yours. Just my sure where he isn't sure about cams.
            2014 GT
            2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

I see it in the dyno and i think that's respectable. He said he didn't think cams were worth a damn and then posts a car that had bolt ons and e85 tune that is 50rwhp less than yours. Just my sure where he isn't sure about cams.
              Maybe he wants 100hp each cam like dim chevy boys. haha
              www.LockoutSupplements.com
              discount code = dfwmustangs

Comment

My car will probably make more with pump gas and torco. The people who have done builds like me with bump compression made less hp on e85 then 105 octane and up. So I might gain another 20 rwhp when they switch it back. So I will be making about 80 rwhp more which is right on for what heads and cams should do.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

So the extra bump I'm compression wasn't worth any extra power?

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                    So the extra bump I'm compression wasn't worth any extra power?
                    I made 466 before the heads, bump compression, and e85. Supposedly TS thinks I'm not getting the benefit of the bump compression cause e85 is a cold fuel. They talk to a few other shops and all of them said they switch back to pump gas with torco or race gas from e85 on higher compression cars.

Comment

I may be misunderstanding but did badass2000GT not make 466 with headers, boss intake, and the cams on the stock heads and bottom end? The graph I posted is less the cams and boss intake but made only 23hp less.

EDIT: I posted just before the most recent reply. Did not realize the 466 was before the E85. I still dont like having to give up the cam timing range required with the comp stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
                        I may be misunderstanding but did badass2000GT not make 466 with headers, boss intake, and the cams on the stock heads and bottom end? The graph I posted is less that cams and boss intake but made only 23hp less.

EDIT: I posted just before the most recent reply. Did not realize the 466 was before the E85. I still dont like having to give up the cam timing range required with the comp stuff.
                        Yeah I dyno 421 with LT, boss intake, off road x and steeda cai on pump gas. Then with comp cams stage 3 I made 466 on pump gas.

Comment

And you got to remember dyno numbers are just numbers. The real numbers are what are at the track. Every dyno is different.

Comment

I agree. Cant wait to see yours on the larger shot and some good tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                              Yeah I dyno 421 with LT, boss intake, off road x and steeda cai on pump gas. Then with comp cams stage 3 I made 466 on pump gas.
                              ok, I follow you now. I misunderstood, I was thinking the compression bump, cams, and head work were all in on the 40+ hp bump you were saying was only from cams. Hence my asking if the compression did not factor into the equation some how.

Comment

This car is slow as balls.
                                2012 GT/CS & 93 Cobra
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X