USA top exports: Aircraft, grains and empty containers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA top exports: Aircraft, grains and empty containers

About to change with China's aircraft industry cranking up. http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogsp...-airplane.html
    class joke
    {
    private:
    char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
    double Peas, Carrots;
    string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
    };

I would not want to fly on a plane Made in China, no way in hell. I wonder how much lead, mercury and cadmium will be in each one?

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
      I would not want to fly on a plane Made in China, no way in hell. I wonder how much lead, mercury and cadmium will be in each one?
      That's ok, the 1/3 of the world's population in that part of the world will. Boeing can sell just to the USA and see its sales be cut in half. Half the union jobs will have to go then.
      class joke
      {
      private:
      double Peas, Carrots;
      };

Comment

I think they'll initially find that their main competition isn't Boeing or EADS. Instead they'll find themselves in markets that Russian aircraft fare better in.

However it won't be long before they are nipping at Boeing's heals.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
          Not to mention how much of the aircraft business will be owned by the state. The government already owns all three major telecom companies, the largest oil company and virtually every bank. I don't particularly like Communism myself but it appears that TexasDevilDog is all about cheering them on.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            I think they'll initially find that their main competition isn't Boeing or EADS. Instead they'll find themselves in markets that Russian aircraft fare better in.

However it won't be long before they are nipping at Boeing's heals.
            They'll be lucky to ever get close to Boeing and if they do it will take decades. Read about how they are trying to duplicate chips made by Intel. They can't get the job done. They are a lot like the Japanese in the 1980s, great at stealing ideas, very poor at innovation. You can't put a gun to someone's head, make them work an assembly line and then expect them to care about their work. It just doesn't work in the long run in my opinion.
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I work F-35 final assembly, and half the tools we use are from china. So they already won. Plus 99% of all electronics ,computers well everthing come from there.
              2009 Mustang GT
              1972 Country Squire

Comment

Not cheering for china, just wish our government would be more business friendly.
                class joke
                {
                private:
                double Peas, Carrots;
                };

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
                  Not cheering for china, just wish our government would be more business friendly.
                  While our government plays a role in the private sector, they cannot be the ones to blame for everything. Union wages have gone wild and their benefits are even worse. While taxation on our products seems high, the production costs seem to be the killer. China can build just about anything for 1/5 of the costs.

The over-regulation of business hurts, but if we cannot control costs...we cannot compete.

Comment

I heard on the radio this morning the demand for American pecans is through the roof in China.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                      While our government plays a role in the private sector, they cannot be the ones to blame for everything. Union wages have gone wild and their benefits are even worse. While taxation on our products seems high, the production costs seem to be the killer. China can build just about anything for 1/5 of the costs.

The over-regulation of business hurts, but if we cannot control costs...we cannot compete.
                      I didn't say taxation. Make the whole USA right to work.
                      class joke
                      {
                      private:
                      double Peas, Carrots;
                      };

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
                        I heard on the radio this morning the demand for American pecans is through the roof in China.
                        The new pecan shrimp at Panda Express?
                        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
                          I didn't say taxation. Make the whole USA right to work.
                          That's not something the feds have any control over. It is a state issue. Its one of the many reasons we, here in Texas, are beating the fuck out of other states in this shitty economy.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post

I don't understand why we don't put a 20% tarriff on imports. Use it to pay for obamacare. Side effect might be more jobs coming back to the USA.

Oh, and for the Original post....our biggest export is our own CASH!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                              I don't understand why we don't put a 20% tarriff on imports. Use it to pay for obamacare. Side effect might be more jobs coming back to the USA.

Oh, and for the Original post....our biggest export is our own CASH!!!!!
                              Then other countries slap 50% tarriff on our exports. Read here. -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smoot%E...ley_Tariff_Act
                              class joke
                              {
                              private:
                              double Peas, Carrots;
                              };

Comment

Working...
                              X