Britain attempts to reduce welfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
    Even as an avid proponent of the freedom to use marijuana, I couldn't agree more.
    Oh I am too, big time. But you need to clean up to get a job, so you shouldn't be smoking while on unemployment or welfare anyway. It would help ensure you're prepared to work, if an offer does come along. I really don't know why this isn't in place, it seems so logical to me.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
      I really don't know why this isn't in place, it seems so logical to me.
      Why ruin things with logic?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
        "At one time..." ? What changed your mind? Personally, I think the poor should be chemically sterilized. Otherwise they breed like cockroaches....or mexicans.

It's time to cull the heard. There are too many people getting "sumthin' for nuthin'..."

Fuck em!
        The issue is, simply keeping the current poor from breeding doesn't stop anyone else from becoming poor. It would amount to treating the symptom, without treating the cause.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

This would be a first step in the right direction if our government implemented something like this. How in the hell have 1.4 million been collecting unemployment for 10 YEARS? 1.4 million x 520 weeks (10 years) x $105 (weekly unemployment check) = $76.4 Billion or whatever that is in pounds. I am sure the same thing has been going on here, but instead of that, the POTUS's council is talking about freezing all military pay for 3 years. (I wouldn't even be against the idea if there was a equal, widespread way to try and fill the hole we have dug)
          De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Wonder if they'll go as ape as the French when retirement was raised two years?

Good thing they don't have guns! LOL!
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
              I think you should have to take a pee pee test for any sort of govenment assistance. I mean, we have to take them to get a job, why shouldn't you have to take one for a handout?

Good for them.
              I was down with that idea to until i realised who would have to pay for the pee pee test. You know the gov would be too stupid to take the cost out of the first assistance check.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                I was down with that idea to until i realised who would have to pay for the pee pee test. You know the gov would be too stupid to take the cost out of the first assistance check.
                I think the amount of money saved would offset the costs of the tests IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                  I think the amount of money saved would offset the costs of the tests IMO.
                  By FAR! And these tests are super cheap now, not like they were 15-20 years ago. Shit, you can buy them at the grocery store.

Comment

Working...
                  X