DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017, 06:40 PM   #1
YALE
Lifer
VIP Member
 
YALE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Qin
Posts: 30,172
Default Anyone looking for an old Mustang?

I know Junior just got his. One of my friends is unloading hers now. Let me know if you guys can't see it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...9&id=684196488
__________________
ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh
YALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:49 PM   #2
scootro
Lifer
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: none of your fuckin business
Posts: 13,356
Default

looks like she's getting beat up by tire kickers
scootro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
YALE
Lifer
VIP Member
 
YALE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Qin
Posts: 30,172
Default

I am one of them.
__________________
ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh
YALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:13 PM   #4
4king
---E
 
4king's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,253
Default

At 6k I'd be a tire kicker, at 10k I'm not going to dirty my shoes kicking the tires
__________________
4king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:48 PM   #5
scootro
Lifer
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: none of your fuckin business
Posts: 13,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YALE View Post
I am one of them.
would you take payments?
scootro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:48 PM   #6
YALE
Lifer
VIP Member
 
YALE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Qin
Posts: 30,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootro View Post
would you take payments?
She's a friend of mine, so no ragrets.
__________________
ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh
YALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:33 PM   #7
scootro
Lifer
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: none of your fuckin business
Posts: 13,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YALE View Post
She's a friend of mine, so no ragrets.
i took payments for a foxbody i was selling to a friend of mine but the condition was the car stays in my shop until he pays it off! i felt good about that deal
scootro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:04 AM   #8
mystic96
Lifer
 
mystic96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 5,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YALE View Post
She's a friend of mine, so no ragrets.
I'd be wary of doing car deals like that between friends. I sold my 53 Ford customline to my best friend since middle school in October. We agreed on a price and set monthly payment terms and he's only been able to come up with one payment so far. He's down in San Antonio so I can't just go get it, and he's buying it for his dad who's sick with cancer and I hate to be the dick to start demanding money, but it's definitely put a strain on the friendship
__________________
--Marcus
mystic96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:29 AM   #9
YALE
Lifer
VIP Member
 
YALE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Qin
Posts: 30,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic96 View Post
I'd be wary of doing car deals like that between friends. I sold my 53 Ford customline to my best friend since middle school in October. We agreed on a price and set monthly payment terms and he's only been able to come up with one payment so far. He's down in San Antonio so I can't just go get it, and he's buying it for his dad who's sick with cancer and I hate to be the dick to start demanding money, but it's definitely put a strain on the friendship
I have zero intention of buying the car.
__________________
ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh
YALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:07 AM   #10
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member
 
Baron Von Crowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 22,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic96 View Post
I'd be wary of doing car deals like that between friends. I sold my 53 Ford customline to my best friend since middle school in October. We agreed on a price and set monthly payment terms and he's only been able to come up with one payment so far. He's down in San Antonio so I can't just go get it, and he's buying it for his dad who's sick with cancer and I hate to be the dick to start demanding money, but it's definitely put a strain on the friendship
i was wondering what happened to that car.
__________________
"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford
Baron Von Crowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:23 AM   #11
junior
Making it rain
 
junior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 6,361
Default

money and friendship don't mix.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:04 AM   #12
Craizie
Cracka
VIP Member
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 10,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
money and friendship don't mix.
Unless you're buying that persons friendship, then it works great.
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #13
scootro
Lifer
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: none of your fuckin business
Posts: 13,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic96 View Post
I'd be wary of doing car deals like that between friends. I sold my 53 Ford customline to my best friend since middle school in October. We agreed on a price and set monthly payment terms and he's only been able to come up with one payment so far. He's down in San Antonio so I can't just go get it, and he's buying it for his dad who's sick with cancer and I hate to be the dick to start demanding money, but it's definitely put a strain on the friendship
now you know why i kept my car until he got it paid for!
scootro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:23 PM   #14
mystic96
Lifer
 
mystic96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 5,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootro View Post
now you know why i kept my car until he got it paid for!
Would've if we had room. Had just bought another 96 Mystic and had to make room in the garage so he agreed to drive up and haul it home. Gave me a down payment, made one payment, now we play the waiting game
__________________
--Marcus
mystic96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:57 PM   #15
yellowstang
Lifer
 
yellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 21,082
Default

So what would a fair offer on something like this be?
yellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:09 PM   #16
naynay
Jigga Who?
 
naynay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: OCT
Posts: 4,377
Default

6-8 to me, she seems to know what she has and has likely taking all the lowball offers she is willing to accept.

Yale I know her as well, she is a Bishop Lynch girl? at one point, my friend Lindsey was supposed to "get" that car and store it in my garage and i was gonna help her finish it. but that never happened..

with that being said, I think she got wind of what it was worth, because Lindsey was getting it for next to nothing, and I had never seen pics, but i figured it was a hull of a car, and may a $1500 project.

at least i think thats the same car/girl..
__________________
THE BAD HOMBRE

naynay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #17
scootro
Lifer
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: none of your fuckin business
Posts: 13,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic96 View Post
Would've if we had room. Had just bought another 96 Mystic and had to make room in the garage so he agreed to drive up and haul it home. Gave me a down payment, made one payment, now we play the waiting game
time for a talk, then! "give me my money!"
scootro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:16 AM   #18
YALE
Lifer
VIP Member
 
YALE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Qin
Posts: 30,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naynay View Post
6-8 to me, she seems to know what she has and has likely taking all the lowball offers she is willing to accept.

Yale I know her as well, she is a Bishop Lynch girl? at one point, my friend Lindsey was supposed to "get" that car and store it in my garage and i was gonna help her finish it. but that never happened..

with that being said, I think she got wind of what it was worth, because Lindsey was getting it for next to nothing, and I had never seen pics, but i figured it was a hull of a car, and may a $1500 project.

at least i think thats the same car/girl..
I think she is BL but graduated in the early 90's.
__________________
ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh
YALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:54 AM   #19
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member
 
Baron Von Crowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 22,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowstang View Post
So what would a fair offer on something like this be?
without looking it over, somewhere around 7500.
__________________
"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford
Baron Von Crowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:56 AM   #20
BLAKE
Lifer
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 22,682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
without looking it over, somewhere around 7500.
Agreed.
BLAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
naynay can't afford it

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:09 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.