Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a single thread on the GT500s 4225 lb curb weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.75 60 foot on that 10.6 run

You cut a 1.5-1.4 and you could be knocking on the door of 9s.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Those are some sticky m-cups, I really don't see or hear much slipping. Those runs look to be keeping in lane with no drama. You might be able to shave a tenth or two, but it maybe too heave to get much faster.
      If they ditch all the seats, put in a Kirby, full skinny and slicks and it may break a 9, once bigger blowers and mods follow I see 9's/8's...
      I bet you somebody throws a drag pack on it and does blower pullies and goes deep into the 9’s. Stock it’s making 12lbs of boost. I’m sure somebody will have that thing at 20 next week.
      2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
        I bet you somebody throws a drag pack on it and does blower pullies and goes deep into the 9’s. Stock it’s making 12lbs of boost. I’m sure somebody will have that thing at 20 next week.
        How's Doug? Haven't seen him post in quite a while. Do you still keep in touch?

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
          How's Doug? Haven't seen him post in quite a while. Do you still keep in touch?
          Not as much as I should, but I keep up. He is running North Texas Foxbody Club on Facebook and wrenching on them as a side gig now too. They still do that sonic meet on thursdays too. I need to take the GT500 out there soon.
          2012 GT500

Comment

Apparently they are coming in underweight. This is with 1/4 tank of fuel, base model, no carbon fiber and no weight removed. Entirely possible the carbon track package would be under 4000 dry.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
              Apparently they are coming in underweight. This is with 1/4 tank of fuel, base model, no carbon fiber and no weight removed. Entirely possible the carbon track package would be under 4000 dry.

That's better news. And after seeing them in the wild I will admit I really like the look of the car after all. Good job Ford!

Comment

Lund Racing just hit 902rwhp with injectors, a pulley, and E85

Comment

These cars are monsters. Going to be lots of fast super cars getting embarrassed
                  By GT500s.
                  1995 Cobra #404
                  1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
                  1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Snake View Post
                    These cars are monsters. Going to be lots of fast super cars getting embarrassed
                    By GT500s.
                    Absolutely nobody in a supercar car is going to be embarassed if a mustang can win a drag race.

And I mean nobody.
                    Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 01-12-2020, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Mustangs are kind of known for winning drag races
                      WH

Comment

• What about tying the time of a 911 GT3 RS being driven by champion driver Randy Pobst?

Comment

• Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                          What about tying the time of a 911 GT3 RS being driven by champion driver Randy Pobst?

First off...Im not sure you understand what a tie is. He lost.

Buuuuut....that's impressive and badass. I like where ford is headed with lap time oriented cars...even if it requires a 260 horsepower advantage. Something...something...power to weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                            What about tying the time of a 911 GT3 RS being driven by champion driver Randy Pobst?
                            That was very impressive. That new SVT Snake will flat out get it.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Here it is against its closest competitors.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post

Here it is against its closest competitors.
                                Damnit! I just coming to post this myself. It gapped em pretty handily!

Comment

Working...
                                X