Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a single thread on the GT500s 4225 lb curb weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    And the BD guys are responding to where the money is so blame the customer base (obviously they get this wrong at times too...but I would doubt it here).
    I agree, Ford's not offering a stripped down racecar with a warranty here, they are selling a car that appeals to most of the folks that are in a situation in life to spend $80k on a Ford. The majority of which aren't gearheads, nor will they modify the car, beyond basic bolt-ons, if even that. Strange concept to a board full of guys that love to tinker, but we are the exception.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
      I agree, Ford's not offering a stripped down racecar with a warranty here, they are selling a car that appeals to most of the folks that are in a situation in life to spend $80k on a Ford. The majority of which aren't gearheads, nor will they modify the car, beyond basic bolt-ons, if even that. Strange concept to a board full of guys that love to tinker, but we are the exception.
      Thankfully there is a minority of gear heads that do end up with cars like this. I saw the fastest stock bottom end 2019 ZR1 run this summer, that thing is nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
        Thankfully there is a minority of gear heads that do end up with cars like this. I saw the fastest stock bottom end 2019 ZR1 run this summer, that thing is nasty.
        For sure, there have been some bad-ass GT350 builds too, and we'll see the same done with the GT500. None of who's owners are bitching that the car is bloated, they'll build it how they want it. No one car will check everyone's boxes.

Comment

That sounds like building a racecar, not upgrading a comfortable DD. Someone that doesn't race often will spend that $55k very differently, apples and coconuts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
          It’s a totally comfortable daily driver with bluetooth, backup cam, AC, leather options, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            It’s a totally comfortable daily driver with bluetooth, backup cam, AC, leather options, etc.
            You haven't given the make, model, and year, I'm guessing because it doesn't fully support your argument. "Totally comfortable" is 100% subjective, and it's far easier for the builder to make concessions in their mind about their car's true characteristics.

Comment

You haven't given the make, model, and year, I'm guessing because it doesn't fully support your argument. "Totally comfortable" is 100% subjective, and it's far easier for the builder to make concessions in their mind about their car's true characteristics.

It’s not my job to spoon feed the masses. Year 2016+. My argument is a running driving car with all of the amenities. The car has even been driven by all the major car tags and one has full performance numbers like 11.7 @ 123. I’m sure traction was the limiting factor there (not drag tires).

Comment

with all this arguing about weight and such, I got curious and looked up my Buick's curb weight. It's 4497 so only 272lb heavier than the new GT500.

Comment

I prefer my V3 over the new GT500. I will be getting the new z06 when it comes out. That thing will be a beast.

Comment

Some 2019 and all 2020 GT350 Voodoo Engines got the following enhancements from the Predator engine program...

Confirmed Changes

Overall

The Gen 2 5.2 can withstand 12 psi of sustained boost (Confirmed by article)
                    Romeo Niche Line engines are now only built by a single builder (Evidenced by 2019 Build Plates)

Recast Block

Longer Gen 1 Coyote spec head bolts (Confirmed by article)
                    Additional cylinder bore material surrounding the water jackets (Confirmed by article)
                    Added cast in brace on intake side of cylinder bore (Confirmed by article)
                    "Bay to Bay" Breathing ports reorientated to better equalize block gasses and minimize windage (Confirmed by article)

Recast Cylinder Head

Additional material around water jackets for better sealing (Confirmed by article)
                    Stronger valve seat material to handle increased heat (Confirmed by article)
                    4 Layer MLS head gasket (Confirmed by article)

Valvetrain

GT350R Timing Chains (Confirmed by article and data tag)
                    GT350R Lash adjusters (Confirmed by article and data tag)
                    GT350R Cam covers (Confirmed by article and data tag)
                    GT350R VCT mechanisms (Confirmed by article and data tag)

Rotating Assembly

Improved I-beam connecting rods (mrbillwot called FP Hotline)
                    Forged crank sprocket (mrbillwot called FP Hotline)

Unconfirmed Changes

Copper-lead bearings
                    Resized piston-cooling jets
                    Improved oil pump with larger stronger gerotor gear - FP Hotline said "carryover" (mrbillwot)
                    Upgraded exhaust valve seals
                    Higher exhaust valve spring rate
                    Improved Oil Pan, Oil Pickup, and Windage tray - mrbillwot confirming

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                      My 15 GT premium stickered for $47k. I payed $38k for it. When we went to look at an 18 mode with all the same options as my 15 it was $56k. So I got a used 16 for $26k instead. I'll probably never buy a new car again. used only for me.
                      What the hell 18 GT has a sticker of 56k? I got all but a couple options on mine and sticker was 50,580.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                        What the hell 18 GT has a sticker of 56k? I got all but a couple options on mine and sticker was 50,580.
                        Most Expensive 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 Costs $107,080
                        Ford has launched its configurator for the 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500, and costs can top $107,000 with all the option boxes checked.

I believe that's more expensive than the new top of the line c8 vette

Comment

$30k of that is for an optional racing stripe and CF body kit.

Comment

Painted stripes are $10k?? Insane, but I'm sure it slows down the manufacturing a fair amount.

Comment

Someone pointed out that you could get the vinyl stripes redone something like 20 times for the cost of the painted-on stripes.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                                Someone pointed out that you could get the vinyl stripes redone something like 20 times for the cost of the painted-on stripes.
                                But how else will people know you can afford to throw around 10K? I bet those stripes are going to have a pretty awesome and distinct look.

And I don't doubt it costs a large company way more to paint on than use a sticker. Those lines just arent set up for non-standard stuff. Maybe not 10K...but it's going to be a fair amount more than any low volume one off shop.

Comment

Working...
                                X