• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks damm good
    B

Comment

Originally posted by red90cobra View Post
      how much paint did you end up using?
      1 gallon of primer, 1 gallon of base white, and almost a gallon of clear. Of course those amounts double when mixed, so one gallon mixed will spray two. I also had a learning curve so I wasted a ton of material, especially clear coat, on test sprays or when I mixed too much for a coat.

Originally posted by juic3d View Post
      Looks damm good
      B
      Appriciate it!

It might be up for sale soon, if I can part with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        Damn! I missed out on more beer money! I should've checked this thread earlier.

Thanks! I just finished building a '66. It took about a year and boy it was an experience.

I had some practice with clear coat. Well, on small parts to get the gist of it. It's definitely a skill to lay it down error free the first time. I had bad runs on one panel that I spent hours smoothing out, but other than that I got lucky.

Thank you sir.

Oh man its messy work. That is the biggest problem. I will be fresh out of projects here shortly though. I'm feeling the itch to find another one already.
        I have no doubt about the mess. When I was 14, I worked in a paint and body shop. I remember the neverending amount of overspray and dust that would attach itself to me. facemasks were not common there and I remember having to clean paint out of my nose everynight, lol.

Comment

Hey, I really appreciate the step-by-step. Very nice and obviously you're talented. It may not be a $1,000 paint job result, but certainly you made it yours.

With 4-5 coats, do you have areas where the masked color is "higher" than the rest? Ridges (to speak) along the masked lines? On a normal paint, wouldn't that be sanded a bit?

Comment

No ridges, I blocked this thing to perfection.....almost. The clear coat still has some rough spots I might try and iron out. I just had to move on to other projects.

***This car will be up for sale soon on here.***
            Last edited by Baba Ganoush; 03-14-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
              No ridges, I blocked this thing to perfection.....almost. The clear coat still has some rough spots I might try and iron out. I just had to move on to other projects.

***This car will be up for sale soon on here.***
              How much?

Comment

Working...
              X