Looking for insight on an upper...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for insight on an upper...

From what I've been looking at this seems to be a pretty decent deal. I'm not overly enthusiastic about the stainless barrel but it could be worse.

Cheaper Than Dirt! is America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter, and we live up to that title. Expect bulk ammo deals, discount firearms, parts to build your next gun and more.

I have a home built PSA lower with Magpul goodies just waiting for something to set on it.

I intended to build my own upper but I can't buy the parts cheaper than this thing is fully assembled. Thoughts?

That's not terrible, but for some reason that upper does nothing for me. I'd hold out, personally. Every now and again, Palmetto State does FN-barreled uppers for like $350. Wait for a good deal on a bcg, and roll. It may just have too much going on, and that's why it bothers me. The stainless barrel shouldn't be a big deal.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'd prefer a PSA upper just to keep it the all the same, but most of their uppers say out of stock with no price. What's an FN barrel? I'm a NOOB.

Comment

Originally posted by Brn N Rubr View Post
        I'd prefer a PSA upper just to keep it the all the same, but most of their uppers say out of stock with no price. What's an FN barrel? I'm a NOOB.
        The FN-Herstal factory in the US is in South Carolina, the Palmetto State. PSA is, too. FN is one of the largest military contractors in the US, and a ton of AR and Minimis (SAWs) are made there. PSA buys the over-run AR barrels from them, and the steel in them is pretty good. It's basically the same steel as the SAW barrels.

Comment

Sweetness.

Comment

I ordered one from PSA over the 4th of July weekend. It came with 1:7 Fn barrel. Only cost me 450.

Comment

Fuk cheaper than dirt, forever.

If you're looking for a decent upper PSA or redx arms. There stuff was already good but now they carry Sabre Defense as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brn N Rubr View Post
                From what I've been looking at this seems to be a pretty decent deal.
                based purely on the fact that cheaper than dirt was screwing the industry over during the last couple gun panics I would go elsewhere. especially considering you can find complete uppers for about the same price

or

Comment

Thanks for all the insight. Looks like PSA it is. Even better since I already have their lower. Now...anyone know where to get cheaper than 50 cents a pop?

Comment

Load it.

Comment

PSA has uppers in stock for $320 w/o BCG or CH. Full auto blem'd BCG is $99 right now.
                      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Damn, I know it might be six months before we see those lowers from the group buy, but I'm ready to build more guns.

Comment

Red X Barn FTW! For the same price you can get one of their hbar kits that comes with mags, LPK complete upper and a couple other things.
                          Street car.

Comment

This one looks decent.... http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-for-duty.html

Comment

Not a bad deal but It doesn't include BCG and Charging handle.
                              Street car.

Comment

Working...
                              X