Headlight Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Restoration

Anyone recomment a place in Grand Prairie, Arlington or Mansfield area that does a good job on headlights that need some good restoration?

Need it done ASAP.

T.I.A
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Certi-fit has HL's pretty cheap, umless they are a PITA to remove and replace them or your a cheap bastard. A little 3M 1500 W/D paper, 3Mcompound, polisher/buffer is your friend.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

^This! Do it yourself dude, it's super easy!
      Ded

Comment

Yeah I've priced the headlights and run from $250-$350 a pop. Dont want to invest in that much.

If I had the time I would do it myself...but from house work to work work I cant ever catch a break to get them done.

Thanks Guys
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

I'll do them for $75, have the equipment and time this or next weekend.
          Ded

Comment

Thanks VaderTT....If I cant find anyone to do them by Thursday I will take you up on that.

Comment

Sounds good dude.
              Ded

Comment

It's super easy to do it yourself and cheap. $15 for the 3M kit from [ame]http://www.amazon.com/3M-39008-Headlight-Restoration-System/dp/B001AIZ5HY[/ame]

Comment

How long does the buffing last?

I usually get mime clear coated. If you take them off and bring them over ill do them for $60, just need to let them cure afterwards. I'm in Keller

Comment

Yeah. Most anyone can clean up the headlights the issue is you have effectively removed all of the UV coating that protects the lights by buffing it.

I use 22PLE to seal the headlights. It's a good option to give some longer lasting results. Although not permanent, fairly effective.
                    www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

There's a HS school here at AHS that does it for college money. I'll PM you his info.

Comment

Walmart sells a kit. Crystal view I think. $20. Used it on a buddies truck 4 years ago and it was baaaad. Still looking great.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
                        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

I will be doing mine soon and ordered these two products...

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/3M-39008-Headlight-Restoration-System/dp/B001AIZ5HY/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_img_y[/ame]

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AY3SR/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

I will probably hit them with a coat of wax afterwards for UV protection as well.

Comment

I bought this one: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-PowerBall-4Lights-Headlight-Restoration/dp/B00341MIAW/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1394231293&sr= 1-5&keywords=mothers+powerball[/ame]

It works pretty well but not perfect on my son's car. His lights were really bad though. Still ended up better than they were.

Worked great for the taillights on my Suburban that were hazed over.

Comment

I used the sylvania restoration kit and it's held up for over a year. I can't find it in the stores anymore though. Autozone will order it for you and have it delivered to your address

Comment

Working...
                              X