No announcement yet.

what was I thinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was making my painting video today and realized the intro was good enough to be it's own mini episode. so here ya go! as always let me know what you think...

Comment

It needs a Spurlock Racing rear seat delete kit.

Comment

Originally posted by scott442 View Post
        that would damn near double the price of the car. lol

Comment

Put in a lot of work this weekend. Got the trans swapped out, steering rack replaced, and finished out the paint work. I tried plastidipping the wheels white, but the duplicolor spray I used didn't work well at all. I'm going to have to strip them and just paint them. Other than that, I still need to give the car a rough alignment and it's ready go. I do still need to get my hands on a pair of helmets for the wife and I. even with helmets, I'll still be sitting under $2k for the whole project. I can't complain about that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            If you'd seen it up close, you'd be fine with it. Headlights held in with wood screws, needs bumpers, fenders, interior is thrashed, hoods been folded back and cracked, floor pands and pinch welds are beat up, and there's bondo all aroun. hell half the plastic on the a and b pillers is cracked and loose. drivers door skin is pop rivitted to the door shell. she's rough.

besides that, I am looking at some BFG TA KO2's IN A 215/65R16. Should work well in dirt and gravel.
            Hell yeah! Did you do subframes, torque boxes and a rollbar yet? If you don’t that chassis won’t last many events.

Comment

Looks good with mud on it.

The matching drone is pretty great.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                Hell yeah! Did you do subframes, torque boxes and a rollbar yet? If you don’t that chassis won’t last many events.
                Not yet it’s stock minus a shitty exhaust and a cold air intake. The place I’m going is pretty smooth. Should be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  Looks good with mud on it.

The matching drone is pretty great.
                  I agree. Way better dirty.
                  The skin on the drone makes me like it so much more.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                    Not yet it’s stock minus a shitty exhaust and a cold air intake. The place I’m going is pretty smooth. Should be okay.
                    Install subs, torque box reinforcements soon or you'll be looking for another entire car. There is a reason Ford never rallied Mustangs.

Comment

• For $2k you are killing this! Needs all terrains.

Comment

• Originally posted by scott442 View Post
                        Spurlock Racing has the best tunes.

Comment

• For tires look around for Jeep Wrangler stock takeoffs ( all generations). I know for a fact they are often left behind at the shop when they go bigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                            Install subs, torque box reinforcements soon or you'll be looking for another entire car. There is a reason Ford never rallied Mustangs.
                            I plan on it and a cage if I keep going. We will see how it goes Sunday.

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                            For $2k you are killing this! Needs all terrains.
                            Thanks, lowest buck car I've ever done! Cant wait to see it on the track. Cool part is this is something my wife and kid can do too.

Like I said to Anthony, If this weekend goes well I'll be willing to go a bit more into fixing it up.

Comment

• Trailer is being dropped off tonight, loading up and headed to Oklahoma tomorrow for my first race. I’m very excited. Anyway, here’s the next video in the series about the paint work. (Trigger warning for actual automotive painters!!!)

Comment

• I dig the Back to the Future shirt.

Helluva project. I need a shitbox.

Comment

Working...
                                X