Paint or wrap #milliondollarcobraV2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint or wrap #milliondollarcobraV2

So, I am making changes to KbscobraVERT and converting it into KbscobraCOUPE or affectionately known as #milliondollarcobraV2.

The body is in fair shape minus the back left corner panel needs attention. But the paint looks like shit up close. Looks like it was done just to make it a 10-footer.

I am toying with going back to the original black or a wrap in matte or satin blacks.

What can I expect to pay and who can do this? I don't want a hook up no recourse to the final result kind of deal. I want someone to take it on and have pride in the final result. Something I can say "______ painted it" and be happy about it.

Car will be stripped, no windshield or back window, a roller (maybe nothing in the engine bay) and can be brought stripped to the painter/body guy's liking. Will have an aftermarket pin on hood. If body work is cheaper to use new front and rear bumpers, I will replace to lessen the overall cost. Not concerned with using original panels.

Will be ready for paint possibly the end of June or sometime up until mid/late August. Just depends on Matt, me making changes and my next R&R.

Loose quote on wrap is $2,000-2,500.

315/40-17 Nitto drag radials DO FIT! I can get a finger between the tire and the wheel well all around, just need to adjust the parking brake cable though. I am going in with a new fuel tank that is narrower than the stock tank so I can get tail pipes back in there. 275/40-17 Nitto NT05
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Rattlecan it.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      Rattlecan it.
      Your face

And no on plasti dip too.

I don't even want to rattlecan the cage. Unless I can find some good ceramic tough as nails shit. In black or red.

Comment

Bass boat sparkle wrap?

Stevo

Comment

Since it’s million dollar cobra.... you need to strip it to bare metal and repaint the entire car grabber blue or Porsche Mexico blue.

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Kit Kat wrap.

Comment

Oh Jesus!

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  Since it’s million dollar cobra.... you need to strip it to bare metal and repaint the entire car grabber blue or Porsche Mexico blue.
                  I am thinking black base color though.

For one, to save a little bit by not having to do a full color change.

Second, because this car will be what the original kbscobravert should have been. I bought this one because I couldn't stomach, for some odd reason, cutting on the vert anymore. Where the vert is now is unsafe and unusable without cage, etc. And I didn't want to cage it and turn it into a race car. I would rather just build one.

So, this new car is in the shop with Matt getting 12pt cage plus a few more bars, through floor subs, relocated upper shock mount, mini tubs. It will get Optic Armor front and rear "glass". I have a rear from Christian that BigShoe is going to narrow 3" each side, Strange big Ford bearing ends, Strange brake adapter to run Sn95 stock cobra brakes on Ford 9" housing ends, Racecraft relocated adjustable lower control arms with brace and their tube brace kit, and the tubes welded. I am ordering some Billet Specialties Comp 5 15x12 double bead lock 5" bs wheels.

While it is apart and a roller, I want to get it painted before going back together with suspension parts and all my motor/trans/fuel/electronics from cobravert.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                    I am thinking black base color though.

For one, to save a little bit by not having to do a full color change.

Second, because this car will be what the original kbscobravert should have been. I bought this one because I couldn't stomach, for some odd reason, cutting on the vert anymore. Where the vert is now is unsafe and unusable without cage, etc. And I didn't want to cage it and turn it into a race car. I would rather just build one.

So, this new car is in the shop with Matt getting 12pt cage plus a few more bars, through floor subs, relocated upper shock mount, mini tubs. It will get Optic Armor front and rear "glass". I have a rear from Christian that BigShoe is going to narrow 3" each side, Strange big Ford bearing ends, Strange brake adapter to run Sn95 stock cobra brakes on Ford 9" housing ends, Racecraft relocated adjustable lower control arms with brace and their tube brace kit, and the tubes welded. I am ordering some Billet Specialties Comp 5 15x12 double bead lock 5" bs wheels.

While it is apart and a roller, I want to get it painted before going back together with suspension parts and all my motor/trans/fuel/electronics from cobravert.
                    Just do a black repaint... it'll be the cheapest option and easiest to do while apart. Then later if you want to color change it wrap it.

Stevo

Comment

Why not let me have a crack at it finally? Ha. Original paint all shined up might be nice and cheaper than a wrap or dip.
                      www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

Originally posted by Counterfiend View Post
                        Why not let me have a crack at it finally? Ha. Original paint all shined up might be nice and cheaper than a wrap or dip.
                        This is a new one. New Cobra build. It is rough. Looks good in pics. Looks good even 10 feet away. But up close you can see complete shit for paint work done to make it look sellable and that was it. If I try to save any of it, it will get a whole new paint job.

Comment

Totally fair. Was just throwing out another option for you. :-)
                          Build looks awesome BTW.
                          www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

Look at the bmw and Porsche blacks. Germans do much better at painting cars.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                              Look at the bmw and Porsche blacks. Germans do much better at painting cars.
                              I saw a Bently black going down on an older 936 on youtube. Was AMAZING.

One thing I have to keep in mind is to not spend too much on paint/body. I plan on this car going to the track. It will be worked on and I don't want to have that price tag in the back of my mind when I have to pull the bumper cover etc. I want this to be more fun than the vert and less worry.

Comment

Working...
                              X