Well that sucks rip jessi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    Looking at photos it appears to be a purpose built machine with a full containment cage that looks unharmed in the crash.
    They got their monies worth, that's for sure. That thing looks solid.

Seems the jet car she was driving was half assed.

Comment

wheres the crash video and pictures? someone is saving them for money

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        wheres the crash video and pictures? someone is saving them for money
        "Patience, young Grasshopper"
        Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Or wanting to show a little respect to the family, by waiting to release it. We aren't talking about a sex tape here, there's not a whole lot of value beyond morbid curiosity.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            Seems the jet car she was driving was half assed.
            Not sure if serious

Comment

I’d be surprised if it were ever released for public viewing because her public status seems to be high profile now with everyone reporting on the crash.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                I doubt if Combs vehicle would have been allowed on the salt due to the SCTA's safety rules.
                Quick answer - you're talking out of your ass. NAE had already run at at El Mirage, which is generally run as an SCTA site... not that it matters because FIA controls this record, not SCTA.

Longer answer - The North American Eagle project has been around since 1998. This wasn't some hack-job done in a garage. The team of nearly 50 have been working to try to break the absolute LSR set by Andy Green / ThrustSSC (763 mph in 1997)... long before Jessi started driving in 2013. Ed Shadle had already taken it to 515 mph.

And do you think they can just go run by themselves and self report back to FIA at their word? Any of these cars will be full cavity inspected by FIA long before even making the tune up runs, and every run will be sanctioned/witnessed by FIA...

Here's how the process works: https://www.fia.com/file/69368/download
                Licenses have to be obtained, permits must be secured, officials must be assigned, at the event there are offical control stations, inspections, timekeeping, etc (done by FIA), etc
                If you actually care you can see some of the safety regs here: https://www.fia.com/file/78010/download/14576

It may be dangerous as fuck, but don't make them sound like some unsafe "foxbody + $10k" retards.
                Last edited by Strychnine; 08-31-2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Quick Response: Where, in my post, did I call them "Hacks" or "Retards"?? One fast scan though the info you supplied does give one answer: Roll Cage. Compare Poteet's vehicle to the NAE.

Comment

Maybe I misintetpeted, but it cones across as "i doubt they were following the rules, and shouldn't hace been allowed to run."

Comment

You must be a Democrat!!!

Comment

I doubt he is. From a third party observer, it just looks like miscommunication or the result of skim reading. Typical internet stuff.

Like arguing with someone over the internet and you meet them in person and realize you're both on the same page.

Comment

You need a snickers?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                            You need a snickers?

Nope!

Comment

500 mph no matter what you do to it if it crashes the driver is screwed. She knew it was dangerous and accepted it.

Comment

apparently her brakes failed....I believe that thing had quite a few "brakes"..Air, magnetic and parachutes

She went beyond the designated area and crashed. That makes me wonder if she hit her 512 goal before the failure

Comment

Working...
                                X