Price check / transferable full auto lowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price check / transferable full auto lowers

I've been poking around looking at what my next toy is going to be and I'm looking at a machine gun as an option. I am seeing plenty of fully assembled rifles for sale but no bare lowers that can be built into whatever I want. When I say lowers I'm talking AR style pre ban transferable lower receiver. Full rifles are going from low 20's to 30k from what I'm seeing. What's the going rate on a lower alone and where are you seeing them for sale?

I honestly do not know, but I'd imagine they are in the same ball park as a completed rifle.

Comment

My assumption would be that even if you find a lower, you'll still pay close to rifle pricing. The high price isn't because of the gun parts cost, it's the fact that the lower (serial number) is registered as a machine gun. If you can find a Drop In Auto Sear that's registered, you might get out cheaper.

Comment

Finding a bare lower will be difficult to find. Not a lot of bare flowers that sat for 33 years without being built into rifles. Some pop up every now and then. CJ got his from a guy that had like 5 or 6 but sold his last one last year. Ruben had one a while ago, not sure if he still has it. You can just buy a complete gun and throw away what you dont want. The lower is the only real valuable part unless you get an rare original colt variant.
        Originally posted by Marisa
        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Drop in auto sears are much more expensive than registered receivers.
          Originally posted by Marisa
          we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

DIAS and Lower receivers are almost full rifle price.

IMHO the best way to do it is get your SOT and build your own. At 500 dollars a year, its not a bad go when you compare against a 20-38k lower.

Comment

I am aware that the rest of the rifle adds about dick to the value. But to read some of these listings it's like they don't think that's the case.

I haven't seen any lowers alone to just compare cost.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                DIAS and Lower receivers are almost full rifle price.

IMHO the best way to do it is get your SOT and build your own. At 500 dollars a year, its not a bad go when you compare against a 20-38k lower.
                It's not really that simple and there are multiple former SOTs sitting in prison for not dotting the I's and crossing the t's when it came to the making their own machine guns.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                X