Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
          This is messed up on so many levels that it's surreal

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
              Except when we start with arrogant SOB's like him. Then, he'll realize that he was sorely mistaken.
              Yeah all those types are always good for a laugh. Yeah that F16 can beat this bullet. When it's already here, and the plane is sitting on the base with nobody in it. Good one old man.

And here's another one... what if the military decides to uphold it's oath, and says the corrupt politicians and overbearing government are the enemy of the people? Now you've got to look out for them, and civilian bullets. Bad day to be a scumbag eh?
              WH

Comment

• Comment

• Google vs Yahoo

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Fastback View Post
                      Google vs Yahoo
                      I LOATH yahoo, they have the worst search results, especially when it matters. https://photos.app.goo.gl/5pyEQyrgC4ZiQV8YA

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                              I LOATH yahoo, they have the worst search results, especially when it matters. https://photos.app.goo.gl/5pyEQyrgC4ZiQV8YA
                              I dropped google not too long ago. It took a slight amount of getting used to, but duckduckgo seems to produce pretty much the exact same results, except for politically of course. Naturally google will tell you to bow before communism.

I've been comparing them for awhile now, and I'm confident that I can just use duckduckgo exclusively now without having to worry that I won't find what I'm looking for. Seems to work great. It's also privacy centered and anti censorship. I'm glad that it finally seems to be catching on with a lot of people.

Gonna have to learn more about that kind of thing. At what point do google and youtube's giant buildings and thousands of staff become obsolete? Given the nature of computers and their advancement, it stands to reason that they were always living on borrowed time. Eventually the hardware (and software) has to get so much better, such that what used to cost google billions, now only costs some startup millions. And then finally, 20 years from now, everything they do can be done at your house. It's definitely a nice thought cause they have a shelf life.

Unfortunately IBM is still around, but you imagine google becoming like that one day. Just another lingering old dinosaur from a forgotten era.
                              WH

Comment

• I don't see Google goin anywhere in our or our kid's lifetime.

Comment

Working...
                                X