Twisted Root or other good burgers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BP View Post
    Central Market usually has a burger special weekly and they are pretty decent.
    We have bought theirs a few times and they were pretty tasty.

Comment

• I went to try 5 Guys and sorry, I couldn't bear to pay $8 for JUST A SIMPLE burger...with fries and drink being add-ons. Left and went to What-a-burger.

Kenny's in next on the list to try.
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Bread looks dry

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
          10-4

I want need to know more about this "secret menu" they have....
          No secret, just tell them how you want it made. It says so on the bottom of the menu. Staff is very friendly/accommodating with these requests every time I've been.

Comment

• Burgers are tough because of so many preferences. For true Blue collar burgers I like the following:

-country burger in plano (mostly nostalgic for me)
            -love shack with quail egg
            -what a burger
            -braums

If I want to church it up and turn a burger into something it aint:

-hop Doddys
            -squareburger

I had the absolute worst kangaroo meat I've ever had in my life at twisted root. I'm also not a fan of their regular burgers if that's an indicator of my taste.

Comment

• Oh and top notch burger is an awesome blue collar burger.

Comment

• Blue Collar burger = Keller's. You want a burger with a can of beer this is the place to go. You can even have it brought to you be a raspy voiced middle aged ugly gal for free too! It's a damn fine burger for cheap and a cultural experience to boot.

"church it up into something a burger ain't" probably the best way to describe what everyone thinks is a good burger these days.

I have a place less than a mile away that grinds their own meat daily, butters the buns and cooks toasts them on flat grill, puts one slice of American cheese on each patty (bacon if you like) and then let's you dress your burgers at their condiment bar just however you like. It's a grade A plain simple burger. It isn't churched up in any way. It's been family owned and making burgers this way for near 30 years too. Dallas is loaded with great burger places that aren't chains.

If you are the Love Shack get the onion strings because they are freaking incredible. Might be the best onion strings I've ever had. The meat is a nice blend of brisket and pork too for the burgers.

Comment

• we went to twisted root in downtown carrollton yesterday. i didnt think it lived up to all the hype. i mean it was good, but i guess with the buildup i was expecting more. i had the verde-hatch chilies, and guac, and the lady friend had just a cheesburger. we had the chicharons which were still popping when they brought them out and were pretty good as well. the service was great, bartender was friendly so i'm sure we will be back.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• I had the Notorious P.I.G at Common Table in Dallas last week. Beef patty filled with bacon, topped with beer cheddar cheese, bacon, and a fried egg. One of the best burgers I've ever had.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post

I have a place less than a mile away that grinds their own meat daily, butters the buns and cooks toasts them on flat grill, puts one slice of American cheese on each patty (bacon if you like) and then let's you dress your burgers at their condiment bar just however you like. It's a grade A plain simple burger. It isn't churched up in any way. It's been family owned and making burgers this way for near 30 years too. Dallas is loaded with great burger places that aren't chains.
                      Where is this place you speak of?

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        and the lady friend
                        This is all I got from your paragraph, where are the fucking pictures!!!!
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          Where is this place you speak of?
                          Fuddruckers.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                            Fuddruckers.

Comment

• Haystack in Richardson is not bad for yuppy burgers. Their house fried mozzarella sticks will plug you right up and they have an outstanding craft brew selection. It's next door to Alamo Draft House.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                Totally off topic but you west siders should go check out the scotched eggs at A F+B in West 7th district. They're nothing short of glorious.
                                The wife and I had lunch there the weekend before last and I'll agree they were very good. Pricey at $12 for an appetizer though. Everything was very good and the service was spectacular. It seemed a little on the expensive side but considering the menu, venue and level of service it's worth it. We'll be back.

Comment

Working...
                                X