Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope nobody bought yesterday, damn.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      They'll get a fine and continue kicking ass.
      Client of yours?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        Client of yours?
        Hah, no. But that'd be nice. I've never owned anything VW before in my life.

It's the world's biggest automaker. It's shady as hell, but I don't see a way they don't bounce back from this. Too much momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
          Edit: I could have swore the diesel version was only offered on higher trim models so the cost was a bit much. If you want to "cool" factor get a diesel. But I wouldn't trust a vw anyways. The few people I know that have owned one hated them.

That's nearly a 3k difference for about 7mpg more in the hwy. figure in the difference in fuel cost which is about 50 cents more per diesel where I live and you're never going to come ahead. I think players are too late to the diesel game. It made sense at one time but it doesn't anymore. It can also be more difficult to find fuel.
          Ive never had an issue finding diesel.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
            Not sure why people even buy the diesel. The upfront cost is huge and the fuel cost is more. Do the math and you're more than likely to never come ahead.
            take a look at depreciation
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              Hope nobody bought yesterday, damn.
              No kidding. The 52wk high was 254 euros. It was around 180 when they closed out last week. Now it's sitting at 110 with the low being at 105. Screw the CEO, stockholders should be demanding the heads of the entire Piech and Porsche families as well as anyone else on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                No kidding. The 52wk high was 254 euros. It was around 180 when they closed out last week. Now it's sitting at 110 with the low being at 105. Screw the CEO, stockholders should be demanding the heads of the entire Piech and Porsche families as well as anyone else on the board.
                Sounds like a good buying opportunity now.....
                Ford
                GM
                Toyota
                VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                  At least the potential fine amount is taken out now; as for the increased risk premium ... you guys can go right ahead!
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I think the best part of this is that the computer went into "test mode" when there was zero speed on the non drive wheels via the abs.

That's brilliant.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      I think the best part of this is that the computer went into "test mode" when there was zero speed on the non drive wheels via the abs.

That's brilliant.
                      I am going to use this tactic to get my Cobra to pass emissions. Work a tune, load it into one of the 4 slots in the ecu go pass a sniffer.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Read up on the last GM bankruptcy before throwing your money at a German company. VW is already partially state owned, the German government is going to get their money back before stock holders will.

Comment

That's brilliant.
                          I've done tricks like that on rigs to workaround aftertreatment system faults, but in the opposite direction (ie. to be compliant, not to cheat the system).

If an engine senses any wheel speed you can't do a stationary forced regen on a DPF. Long story about why, but workover rigs with Allison 5000/6000 series transmissions can't lock their dropbox output shafts so there is always a 1mph speed logged in the ECM when stationary on-site and up on jacks. We've tied the vehicle speed sensor into switched circuits with dummy resistors, we've tied it into ABS sensors in the front wheels and reprogramed the VSS logic, etc.

But damn, to consciously do that work to skirt the law and risk getting boned in the ass, and to do it on ALL units not just a couple... that's retarded as hell. There were a lot of people complicit in this at VW - definitely not a one man thing in a group that large. Me thinks VW engineering will be in for some ethics training in the near future.

Comment

That's brilliant.
                            Someone in the aftermarket needs to hire these VW engineers.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                              I am going to use this tactic to get my Cobra to pass emissions. Work a tune, load it into one of the 4 slots in the ecu go pass a sniffer.
                              Just think, any class racer with an ECM tied to a VSS or ABS could do the same, dyno's a few hp shy when the non-drive wheels arent moving, bump it up way over spec for the track.

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              I've done tricks like that on rigs to workaround aftertreatment system faults, but in the opposite direction (ie. to be compliant, not to cheat the system).

If an engine senses any wheel speed you can't do a stationary forced regen on a DPF. Long story about why, but workover rigs with Allison 5000/6000 series transmissions can't lock their dropbox output shafts so there is always a 1mph speed logged in the ECM when stationary on-site and up on jacks. We've tied the vehicle speed sensor into switched circuits with dummy resistors, we've tied it into ABS sensors in the front wheels and reprogramed the VSS logic, etc.

But damn, to consciously do that work to skirt the law and risk getting boned in the ass, and to do it on ALL units not just a couple... that's retarded as hell. There were a lot of people complicit in this at VW - definitely not a one man thing in a group that large. Me thinks VW engineering will be in for some ethics training in the near future.
                              It has to be the entire department, multiple cars lines, etc. Not one small group, that's the way it's been done with the whole group. Perhaps even Audi and Porsche as well.
                              Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                              Someone in the aftermarket needs to hire these VW engineers.
                              Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                                Perhaps, but the CEO unexpectedly DIDN'T resign today. We shall see how the market reacts.

Comment

Working...
                                X