Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV park,
    That SUCKS,
    Went to the last Texas Thaw there last weekend, car count was down and cost to get in was $20.00 not $10.00 as in the past.

Everyone going to race in Mexico, don't know where he will get the septic system shit and power for the campers.
    Last edited by Kart21; 03-12-2020, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
      RV park,
      That SUCKS,
      Went to the last Texas Thaw there last weekend, car count was down and cost to get in was $20.00 not $10.00 as in the past.

Everyone going to race in Mexico, don't know where he will get the septic system shit and power for the campers.
      I heard the government bought it as a quarantine location for Coronavirus patients.

Comment

Oh thank God !!!

I thought it was going to be mad cow.

That's Ok too as we don't race for 2 weeks and everything or body will be good to go.

Comment

So, the only two tracks we have left are XRP and Ennis.

Such a fucking shame.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            Seems to be the case. Not sure if the railroad bought the place or it's gonna be an RV park but no more events there.
            That sucks to hear. We had a lot of good times there.

Comment

Every time I see this thread, I wonder who would intentionally buy a Cadillac Northstar-powered car.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                Every time I see this thread, I wonder who would intentionally buy a Cadillac Northstar-powered car.
                Having head gasket or leaking case half seal problems or both? Oh or is the starter out and you noticed the intake valley was full of coolant? Or just as awesome is when the torque converter leaks out all it's viscous fluid and won't pass smog due to a TCC code.

Comment

Gene is converting it to an RV park / storage area, the P.O.S. that he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                    Gene is converting it to an RV park / storage area, the P.O.S. that he is.
                    I drove by this weekend and it looked like they busted the track up into gravel. Other than that and scrapping the stands and lights it didn't look like they've done much.

Comment

And they wonder why street racing happens because every track near a city gets gobbled up.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        I drove by this weekend and it looked like they busted the track up into gravel. Other than that and scrapping the stands and lights it didn't look like they've done much.
                        I drove by this weekend on the way to the track in Oklahoma (lol) and they had a pile of concrete stacked up to the north side of the starting line. It looked like the track is still there for now. At least most of it anyway.

This whole thing is going to turn out like Redline. People buy these racetracks and have no idea how to promote events or how not to piss off their customers. I wouldn't own one unless it was given to me for free.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          I drove by this weekend on the way to the track in Oklahoma (lol) and they had a pile of concrete stacked up to the north side of the starting line. It looked like the track is still there for now. At least most of it anyway.

This whole thing is going to turn out like Redline. People buy these racetracks and have no idea how to promote events or how not to piss off their customers. I wouldn't own one unless it was given to me for free.
                          Was surprised to not see a thread on it here. But speaking of Redline it recently got sold and is under new owners and renamed.
                          1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                          1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                          2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Labora View Post
                            Was surprised to not see a thread on it here. But speaking of Redline it recently got sold and is under new owners and renamed.
                            Yes, I saw that. Seems like an odd thing to do given the rise of XRP.
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Northstar update

For now. And that's how long, I don't know, Peterbuilt, has leased part of the property to store their overflow from their assembly line in Denton. 24 hour on site security so don't get any wild ideas about a new free truck. They are getting up in arms as the racing season has started and dust is getting on the new trucks.

Covid really messed up everyones plans for the old track.
                              Last edited by Kart21; 04-26-2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X