X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krazy Kris lookin ass

Comment

• From Cosmopolitan

Last Friday, Brendan Dassey's conviction was overturned. For all five of you who weren't glued to Netflix when Making a Murderer debuted, the docuseries followed Steven Avery and his nephew Brandon Dassey who were convicted of killing Teresa Halbach.

Brandon's lawyers argued that their client, who was only 16 at the time (he's 26 now), was coerced to confess a crime he didn't commit when he was questioned by the Manitowoc County Police Department without a lawyer present.

Now that the conviction is overturned, his family is reacting with pure joy.

"This is right, this is justice," Dassey's lawyer, Laura Nirider, told ABC News on Friday. "We are over the moon. We were notified by email and I read this decision on my phone … 91 pages, unbelievable."

She added that his family is "grateful, in shock, trying to process this."

Making a Murderer filmmakers Moira Demos and Laura Ricciardi also reacted in a statement on Friday.

"Today there was a major development for the subjects in our story and this recent news shows the criminal justice system at work," they said. "As we have done for the past 10 years, we will continue to document the story as it unfolds, and follow it wherever it may lead."

Avery is currently serving life in prison without parole.

Comment

• Brendan
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Lol that PD looks so damn bad.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• If Avery was convicted based on testimony from Brendan and now they are letting him go because they really F'd that up can Avery get a retrial based on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
              If Avery was convicted based on testimony from Brendan and now they are letting him go because they really F'd that up can Avery get a retrial based on this?
              Unlikely. He was also convicted on lots of DNA.

Comment

• Right, but can you pick and choose on stuff like that? All the evidence was used against him to get that verdict. If you overturn a conviction on another party that was involved like this how can you not revisit his case?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Avery is guilty, dumbass got off and went right back to it. No sympathy.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                    Right, but can you pick and choose on stuff like that? All the evidence was used against him to get that verdict. If you overturn a conviction on another party that was involved like this how can you not revisit his case?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
                    Short answer is no. Obviously, his attorneys will say that same thing but whatever appeals board that reviews it will take the totality of the circumstances along with statements made by the jurors back when the case took place and make a decision as to a retrial. His case had lots of DNA evidence so his attorneys will have a hard time doing much with this.

Comment

• I'm one of the five..... Does anyone know if it's still on Netflix?

Comment

• Free my nigga Brendan
                        Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                          I'm one of the five..... Does anyone know if it's still on Netflix?
                          Do I really need to make a "Let me Google that for you" for this?

Comment

Working...
                          X