NHL wants to go broke too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL wants to go broke too

I just saw an article from Gary Bettman of the NHL about “social inequality” and mentions crackhead Floyd’s death. I was hoping the NHL would keep out this kind of nonsense. This is a sport and is not supposed to get involved in these issues. They have no standing. I already deleted their app and won’t watch anymore.

CN

I was happy to see an internal message to all employees at my new company that while we support equality for everyone, we will stick to our long held policy of not making public statements on issues that are not directly related to or part of our business. Basically, we just shut up and work. I for one, prefer that approach and don't care if others want to be loud about it or virtue signal.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Over the last year I have discovered I am getting a lot more done working on the yard, working on projects, playing with my dog, and enjoying riding my motorcycles since I kicked 99% of the woke sports to the curb and stopped watching/listening to their race baiting diatribe. Don't miss it one bit. Fuck em all.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
        Over the last year I have discovered I am getting a lot more done working on the yard, working on projects, playing with my dog, and enjoying riding my motorcycles since I kicked 99% of the woke sports to the curb and stopped watching/listening to their race baiting diatribe. Don't miss it one bit. Fuck em all.
        This. I quit watching the NFL some time around 2013 and I don't miss it. I might watch the recap of a game on youtube Monday morning if I think about it while I'm at my desk. That's the extent of my support.

Comment

All of that shit is boring as fuck to watch, anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
            So right. I wish I’d have stopped sooner. I spend more time on physical hobbies and less time in front of the tube. Speaking of which time to go put new exhaust on the rally car.

Comment

Working...
            X