Rolling blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
    much like mine . i have a heavy plug 18 inches from the panel in my shop . my pto is 17k and my little kubota uses very little fuel running it . have a 4ft cord with rv plugs on it . i have 200 gals of fuel reserve for it so i'm good for a while . less than 3k in the whole setup .
    What generator are you using?

I've got a 60hp Kubota and really want a pto generator.

I'm electric heat, 400 Amp service

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post

Good luck. I tried looking at some and they are built to order. Dates have been pushed back on them. I couldn’t wait due to hurricane season is already here so I said fuck it and got a Predator 9000 and based on reviews it’s plenty to power my whole basement if not more for 13 hours at a time. I might invest in a PTO when the demand wanes down on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        Good luck. I tried looking at some and they are built to order. Dates have been pushed back on them. I couldn’t wait due to hurricane season is already here so I said fuck it and got a Predator 9000 and based on reviews it’s plenty to power my whole basement if not more for 13 hours at a time. I might invest in a PTO when the demand wanes down on them.
        Is that 9000 an inverter generator? I discovered back in February that my big 13,500 Troy Bilt had plenty of power to run most large appliances including the furnace, even the central A/C...I found my 65" Roku 7 series Smart TV however did not like it's output and it refused to function. I picked up a Predator 2000 watt inverter generator about 3 weeks ago for a camping trip...to run lights and of all things...a coffee maker. My TV has no issue with its output and works great. Working on a solution for that minor issue...it will probably involve a UPS to smooth the power out for the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          Is that 9000 an inverter generator? I discovered back in February that my big 13,500 Troy Bilt had plenty of power to run most large appliances including the furnace, even the central A/C...I found my 65" Roku 7 series Smart TV however did not like it's output and it refused to function. I picked up a Predator 2000 watt inverter generator about 3 weeks ago for a camping trip...to run lights and of all things...a coffee maker. My TV has no issue with its output and works great. Working on a solution for that minor issue...it will probably involve a UPS to smooth the power out for the TV.
          Mine is not the inverter rather just the gas generator. I’m not too concerned with hooking delicate electronics to it as much as my main components so I opted that route.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post

volt master america . pto speed 520-540 rpm . they make several models . we heat with wood and propane so our electric needs are not that great . i got turned on to pto's by a dairy farmer . power or no power cows gotta get milked . the power plant is the big expense in generators but since i had tractors it was cheaper .

my 30 hp kubota is just big enough to run it . my 70 hp case had no problem . check the pto hp required to run the model you choose . i plan to find an older Isuzu diesel to set up as a stationary powerplant for it .
            my12/15 gen will run all we use . no central heat/air . just need to be smart on what we run together .mainly just the freezers and such . a/c is small window style units . big house with a bunch of wattage your going to need a 35kw to run it all .
            Last edited by bubbaearl; 06-18-2021, 07:10 AM.

Comment

FYI, PTO generators are all over eBay and none of them appear to be too expensive. I know I've bought them before at government Surplus auctions but that was at least 15 years ago and I never saved any of them. If I recall correctly they were mostly low voltage 3 phase which may not work on a lot of houses.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

they are not expensive because your not buying a power plant . single phase 120/240 .

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                  Just watched a video on installing one of those. Some of it would require a professional, and we just flat out don’t have those here. I’d have to pay someone to come from hours away, and it would cost me a fortune.
                  Looks like they just fill it up and test it after you install it.

Learn how to install a ductless mini-split air conditioner in just nine minutes. A Blueridge Ductless Mini-Split is one of the most affordable ways to heat a...
                  WH

Comment

Working...
                  X