Side by sides ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side by sides ?

I'm looking to buy a side by side UTV. Just a 2 seater with a dump bed. A lot of the used ones look beat to hell and not maintained, so I'm probably gonna buy new. Problem is, which one? Kinda like Honda's, they have a leftover Pioneer 1000 for about 13k. These damn things are expensive. Its seems everyone makes a decent unit, but should I avoid any particular ones ?

Saw one at Sams Club, it was like $8500, Coleman brand I think.

Comment

I have a kawi teryx known to be bulletproof compared to many others, 13k new no taxes but had to drive an hour to Oklahoma to get it from the Kawi dealer, been fun!
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I had looked into one for our farm for a while, but when I found out how much they cost, and the fact that they don't get good fuel economy they quickly lost their luster to me. I would have a hard time trusting a used one (I went and looked at several but they all looked like they had been abused). I think you can get a used Jeep for less money that will be more capable and can go on highway if ever needed. You wouldn't get a dump bed, and it wouldn't be quite as easy to get into and out, but pull out the back seat and yank the doors off and there really wouldn't be that much difference. I guess it all depends on what you want to use it for.
        DamonH

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
          Saw one at Sams Club, it was like $8500, Coleman brand I think.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/500-cc...rod22044076.ip
          I think at this point any Coleman branded motor product is really just some Shen Zin trading co special made out of pure chineseium.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            I think at this point any Coleman branded motor product is really just some Shen Zin trading co special made out of pure chineseium.
            Haha, I have no info on it, just noticed it when we walked inside. I did get a big ole bucket of pork rind's tho!

Comment

Guys at work ride Polaris or Kawasaki mostly and seem to not have issues like the cheaper ones or so it seems.

Comment

I've had a Kubota RTV900 since 2004... bought it new and it's been pretty much bullet proof.

It is sprung pretty stiffly resulting in a harsh ride over rough terrain, but it's been a great machine for our needs over the past 15 years.

mardyn

Comment

My parents have a Kubota RTV900 they bought new around 10 years ago. It's never once given them any trouble, failed to start, etc.

I bought one for my place around 2.5 years ago. It does everything I need it to do (hydraulic dump bed is awesome). Same as my parents, it's been dead reliable so far. I do need to take it to the dealer for a recall on the rear suspension but that's no big deal to me.

They just released a new model that goes much faster but it's not worth upgrading for me since I'm not looking to run 30 MPH across my yard.

I don't know about the other manufacturers, but Kuobta offers 48 months zero percent financing on pretty much everything they sell (84 months zero percent on tractors).

If you go the Kubota route:

1. I highly recommend Deen Implement (Kubota dealer) in Forney. I went to Sherman and the guy treated me like complete shit - I was shopping for a zero turn mower and an RTV and he treated me like some tire-kicking kid. I quickly took my business elsewhere and have been treated very fair by the folks in Forney, both in good deals and friendly service. If you go there, talk to Bryan.

2. Don't get the camo unless you need it. They charge $500 for the camo - use that money for a winch up front instead.

Comment

If you decide on Kawasaki, Polaris or Can Am go to Jones Powersports in Durant. I bought both of my RZR's from them and each transaction was great, plus they were the cheapest within 700 miles. The price they quote you is your OTD price because you are not taxed when transferring the title of an off road vehicle in Texas. Ask for Reed if you go.

Comment

They are fun, but way too expensive and loud.

Comment

This is on my list if I ever hit the lottery or merry a rich lady.

sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

rather find a 4x4 ranger or toyota truck. better all around . a/c and heat . pull the doors during summer then back on in winter .

Comment

FWIW

My friend Nick has a Polaris Ranger, bought it new and it has given him zero problems, hes had it going on 10 years, I think he said he did the tie rod ends and shaft bearings and only because of going to Gilmer moto park and him getting aggressive with it.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              FWIW

My friend Nick has a Polaris Ranger, bought it new and it has given him zero problems, hes had it going on 10 years, I think he said he did the tie rod ends and shaft bearings and only because of going to Gilmer moto park and him getting aggressive with it.
                              I borrowed a buddy's diesel kubota, got stuck, and a dude with a ranger pulled me out. When I say pulled me our, I mean he drug me around like a fed up mom dragging her child out of the grocery store to whip his ass.

I want a ranger.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X