X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Yard Thread

Starting this early.

The yard at the new place was laid dormant, so I'm going to have to fight winter weeds.

Does anyone have some tips for kick starting this thing when the weather starts to stay warm consistently?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

I still use TruGreen and still don't have weeds. That's about all the advice I can offer.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Same here man. Our new house also had dormant sod laid down. I ran over a bit of it and I regret that. This will be a fun year. At least I have Bermuda now instead of fighting St. Augustine!
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Just water it. Keep it moist. Fertilize it with some Molorganite once you start seeing some green up. No pre-emergent until it’s 1 season old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
          Just water it. Keep it moist. Fertilize it with some Molorganite once you start seeing some green up. No pre-emergent until it’s 1 season old.

Thanks! This was generally my plan. I wqs surprised to see some green around the slab. In front I have a 12-18" wide strip trying to green up around the front

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Yeah, soil temps next to the slab will generally stay warmer, hence the lack of dormancy. Have fun with that Bermuda. Cut it twice a week or more if you can, and you’ll see quicker fill in. I’m ready for some heat!

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
              Same here man. Our new house also had dormant sod laid down. I ran over a bit of it and I regret that. This will be a fun year. At least I have Bermuda now instead of fighting St. Augustine!
              You kinda "fixed" it.

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
                Yeah, soil temps next to the slab will generally stay warmer, hence the lack of dormancy. Have fun with that Bermuda. Cut it twice a week or more if you can, and you’ll see quicker fill in. I’m ready for some heat!

I'd hate to be your neighbor.

Comment

I plan to get off my ass on this sprinkler system install this year.

Comment

My big project is a 2500 sq ft garden, my lawn just grows whatever grows lol.
                    But that ^ is impressive.

Comment

Pre emergent with the active ingredient “dithiopyr” is great for spring. It can kill freshly germinated crabgrass if you’re a little late getting it down
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Since mine is fresh sod, I don’t have much hope for a completely baller ass lawn this season. Like Craizie mentioned (he saw it first hand) the sod is just laying on clay and needs to be grown in and leveled. It’ll take a couple years I bet. I want a reel mower. I’m a glutton for punishment.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          Pre emergent with the active ingredient “dithiopyr” is great for spring. It can kill freshly germinated crabgrass if you’re a little late getting it down

Bad idea for new sod. But yes, great ingredient. Wait for that 55 degree soil temp average though.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                            Since mine is fresh sod, I don’t have much hope for a completely baller ass lawn this season. Like Craizie mentioned (he saw it first hand) the sod is just laying on clay and needs to be grown in and leveled. It’ll take a couple years I bet. I want a reel mower. I’m a glutton for punishment.

I’m kind of in the same boat this season.
                            I removed my flower beds, had borders installed with new sod. It’ll need leveling for sure.

Comment

I'm jealous of those tiny, manicured lawns. I bet it cost you guys like 10 bucks to get mowed.

Comment

Working...
                              X