Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 At long last I obtained my dream car. - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At long last I obtained my dream car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do like it, its a sweet looking car, but 26 hrs to replace a TC, fuck that. Good idea getting the extended warranty.

And I have to call bullshit on mid 10's until I see an actual 1/4 mile run, not that APP either...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      I do like it, its a sweet looking car, but 26 hrs to replace a TC, fuck that. Good idea getting the extended warranty.

And I have to call bullshit on mid 10's until I see an actual 1/4 mile run, not that APP either...
      Dammit I have to agree. Sub 3 seconds... you're talking about the fastest production cars in the world. Surely we'd have heard about this 4 door audi doing that by now, with just a tune.
      WH

Comment

There are a lot of them running mid 10s right now. I think the fastest one (S8) runs a 9.8 (could be wrong) and the fastest with my engine and trans is an RS7 that just ran 8.90s
        On the Audi page when I showed my low 11s run people were giving me shit because its slow and they run 10s on similar setups. Granted they didnt do it on a full tank with 42psi in the tires and on a back road but on a prepped surface they do it easily.

Here are some mid 10s runs in S8s and RS7s (exact same drivetrains)
        Audis drag racing at New England Dragway. These cars surprised me since they looked like show cars, but they got down the track pretty good.There were some A...

A couple quarter mile drag races between an Audi RS7 and Audi S8, wow these things move!

Stock versions of the same cars:

2018 Audi S8 Plus vs. Audi RS7 - Acceleration Sound 0-100, 0-300 km/hLinks to the original videos:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPM3io1J3CIhttps://www.yout...

0-60

This Audi S8 is one crazy rocket! Equipped with AWD and packing 800 Horsepower and 900 ft/lb of torque this Twin Turbo 4.0L V8 is hard to beat! Find out in t...

Last edited by LaserSVT; 10-24-2021, 03:32 PM.
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            Dammit I have to agree. Sub 3 seconds... you're talking about the fastest production cars in the world. Surely we'd have heard about this 4 door audi doing that by now, with just a tune.
            They are one of the car worlds best kept secrets. Not many made it to America.

They are not spectacular in the corners but mind you mine has the sport suspension and wheels that the one in this video lacks.

Comment

And this is the 9 second S8
              September 2019, RDRCWORLD RECORD 1/4 mile for Audi S8Audi S8 4.0TFSI Stage3 940hp AGPmotorsport— Stock internals | сток мотор— First and only in the world Mo...

And this one is the fastest 4.0T in America but in Russia one just pulled a 8.98 and I am searching for the FB video right now. The guy with his ha on backwards and arms crossed is my buddy Mirza who is doing my trans tune.

Nobody has run a 9 in the U.S. with Audi's 4.0L twin turbo platform, until NOW. Eurowise Performance bolted everything they could to this thing and ripped ou...

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                BTW, mid 10s takes tune, downpipes, intake and trans tune. Low 10s takes a turbo upgrade. The $1500 +4mm turbos upgrade with an Air to Air intercooler to do it.
                High 9s takes the $4000 turbo upgrade thats 8mm larger than stock

Comment

Maybe I should have been more clear, I was talking about your car running a mid 10 second 1/4 mile with just a tune and some K&N's and couple of intake tubes.
                  Anyone can make any car run low times with the right amount of money thrown at it. As you just posted in the above post, it sounds like $10k to make it run consistent 10's or even *GASP* 9's.
                  And even then you better have deep pockets because other shit will break and then the real choo-choo money starts to come into play.
                  There a lot of late model Euro sedans and even domestic 4-doors running sub 12/11 second 1/4 mile times these days.

I still like it, like I like most all Audi's, but its still a very expensive car to upkeep.

GL to ya...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Those times don't count because you were going down hill. :-) j/k
                    Seriously, those times are badass. Especially for one that weighs several tons. Nice car.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      Maybe I should have been more clear, I was talking about your car running a mid 10 second 1/4 mile with just a tune and some K&N's and couple of intake tubes.
                      Anyone can make any car run low times with the right amount of money thrown at it. As you just posted in the above post, it sounds like $10k to make it run consistent 10's or even *GASP* 9's.
                      And even then you better have deep pockets because other shit will break and then the real choo-choo money starts to come into play.
                      There a lot of late model Euro sedans and even domestic 4-doors running sub 12/11 second 1/4 mile times these days.

I still like it, like I like most all Audi's, but its still a very expensive car to upkeep.

GL to ya...
                      All those cars EXCEPT the ones running faster than 10.5X are all only tune and downpipe cars. Couple have intakes and one has a trans tune as well but the rest are simple tune and exhaust at the cost of 2k. 7K will buy you the turbos and intercooler needed to run low 10s but I am fine with mid 10s.

As far as shit breaking, the only thing the guys that run low 10s are at risk breaking are front axle shafts which are cheap and easy to replace. Thats why the cars all have a fairly slow 60 foot time because we all know about the axle issue so have the launch TQ limited to 550nm then 700 for the 1-2 and as much as the engine can make after that. The engines and transmissions wont break at 1000 awhp.

Comment

Or Rick, if you have a 10 second car and wanna see it first hand you can always run me.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                          If you are in Waco, sure. I already have some kind of race thing I have to go to Saturday night for 800+ whp cars. The Audi is nowhere near that but the Vette is...... kinda. LOL
                          Nope. I’m headed north of DFW about an hour and a half to run my pile. You’ll need to turn left and right. The AWD will help, but the size and hp of your car would make for insane fun. The fun won’t make you fast though. You’ll definitely have more fun than drag racing. My bucket of bolts has way less hp, but it’s a lot lighter and smaller. Bring a helmet and $30 and you’ll have a blast. There are loaner helmets, but I’m not into sharing helmets.

Comment

The Vette is what I would use for road course. It has the suspension and brakes for it as well as the aero and heat dissipation abilities. All I have to so is get some fresh Michelins or 888s for my spare rear wheels and pull the drag radials off, adjust the shocks 6-8 clicks firmer and she would be ready to rock and roll!
                            Nice thing is it should get good mileage and not tax anything because most of the time I would be under half throttle except for the straights.
                            Downside with that car is I would have to remove the targa top to wear a helmet. I can stand having my head tilted sideways for a minute as I stage and do a run but before I am slowed down I usually am yanking the thing off. Several minutes on a road course would drive me nuts. LOL

The Audi IS NOT even a little good for a road course. Way too heavy and soft. It does high speed sweepers great but short tight corners are not its forte.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                              The Vette is what I would use for road course. It has the suspension and brakes for it as well as the aero and heat dissipation abilities. All I have to so is get some fresh Michelins or 888s for my spare rear wheels and pull the drag radials off, adjust the shocks 6-8 clicks firmer and she would be ready to rock and roll!
                              Nice thing is it should get good mileage and not tax anything because most of the time I would be under half throttle except for the straights.
                              Downside with that car is I would have to remove the targa top to wear a helmet. I can stand having my head tilted sideways for a minute as I stage and do a run but before I am slowed down I usually am yanking the thing off. Several minutes on a road course would drive me nuts. LOL

The Audi IS NOT even a little good for a road course. Way too heavy and soft. It does high speed sweepers great but short tight corners are not its forte.

If you decide to sell the vette for a reasonable price let me know. I may be interested. Sounds like a sweet ride.

Comment

The Vette would be better than the Audi on a road course, but the Audi would probably still be better for this. R888s might not be too bad though. RE71s work well for lots of cars at this spot, but I run lowly S007s on my bucket of bolts. Tomorrow night should be fun.

And I doubt you’d ever get to full throttle with either car at this spot. I only get a few seconds at full throttle and have almost no HP in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X