1911 Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Rail

I ran across the Recover Rail CC3 Grip a while back ago, and was not sold on it.

I recently got a RIA Compact Tactical with a 3.5" barrel and entertained the idea of getting one. They do not fit anything less than a 4" barrel...the website states it will "hang over".

So why not cut the overhang?...shave some hideous areas, and do a custom stippling job. I have been searching for a few days across different forums, but no luck on finding if anyone has done it before. Anyone here seen anything?

You should give it a shot, and post pics.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Would you even be able to hang anything on the rail once you cut off the overhang???

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
        Would you even be able to hang anything on the rail once you cut off the overhang???
        It's looking like I would only be left with one slot to mount on...kinda like a subcompact XDS or Shield.

Comment

The area that the rail covers looks to be the same size between the FS RIA model and the Compact Tactical model...

Comment

Recover Tactical messaged me on facebook stating the problem is not the rail length...its the grip screw holes that are different.

Comment

Working...
            X