No announcement yet.

Interesting situation yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want to play with pick-pockets. Go have your fill in Barcelona on the main drag. It is notably the pick pocket capital of the world. My wife didn't buy into either until I started to point out crews to her.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
      Jose, you are a very level headed guy. If you had reason to be uncomfortable, well your first instinct is usually the right one.

Don't lose that operator..............................
      Thank Randy. And yes I'm not going to lose the Operator, she's a keeper

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      Suspect for sure Jose. I think I would have had my right hand near or on my pistol for that. Nothing wrong with being ahead of the situation before it develops the wrong way.
      I will in the future believe me.

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      Sir for your own safety you might want to take that towel off your hand. I keep one in my pocket all the time and have my hand on it a lot. It's my other pocket toy. To be honest I would have been ok with you putting your hand on your shit and showing it to him. You were in fear for your life at that point. Fuck that mother fucker he knew what he was doing. Just wrap your mind around what may come next. You might have to drop that guy if you call his hand. You played it cool and smart but you had every right to go another direction with it. I would have called the police also and had him stopped as soon as he pulled off.
      Good point Jason.

Comment

Damn Jose, you played your hand correctly. Except for the part where you gave him money, I would have told him to get lost. Though in that situation, its better to give him something than to risk shooting him at a cemetery.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Damn Jose, you played your hand correctly. Except for the part where you gave him money, I would have told him to get lost. Though in that situation, its better to give him something than to risk shooting him at a cemetery.
          No shit right!

Talk about bad ju-ju....................

Comment

Thanks bro. And yes, that's exactly why I handed him the money. I would have gave him less but didn't want to dig through my wallet and tip my hand to how much I was carrying. What I gave him was what was loose and outside of my wallet.

Reading this thread has given me a new perspective on how I should have handled this.

Comment

I honestly don't think you could have handled it any better... armchair quarterbacking is fun, but it doesn't mean squat. You were fearful for your life. Your instinct was to diffuse the situation with as little loss/impact to you as possible. I'd say you succeeded
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                Thanks bro. And yes, that's exactly why I handed him the money. I would have gave him less but didn't want to dig through my wallet and tip my hand to how much I was carrying. What I gave him was what was loose and outside of my wallet.

Reading this thread has given me a new perspective on how I should have handled this.
                I'm surprised that this guy had the audacity to beg at a cemetery, is nothing sacred anymore?! My wife used to wonder why I carried everywhere, now she knows because we have been caught in bad parts of town and she is scared shitless and will ask me if I'm carrying. I tell her as long as she os with me, no one is going to cause us harm, fuck stupid people. I'm a firm believer in being prepared for any situation in any environment.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm surprised that this guy had the audacity to beg at a cemetery, is nothing sacred anymore?!
                  Ive actually heard of similar tactics before. Which is why I asked if Jose's mom had ever been approached by anyone selling stuff ,as there is several different dynamics working on this type of con. Oh and for the record the stuff they are selling is usually stolen from other graves, and stolen again after the person leaves

Comment

Working...
                  X