Lockpicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockpicking

So over the years I've had to pick locks for various (legal) reasons, and typically get it done with paperclips or whatever. These are not complex locks, but I'd like to have the OPTION of more complex locks.

I see an abundance of practice locks and basic tools, but the common complaint of the tools is they are cheap. I'm a big fan of buy once, cry once for tools/various things that can last a lifetime.

In TX, it seems the law is that they are legal to own as long as you're not being stupid with them and committing a crime.

With that said, does anyone have any recommendations on a lockpicking set that lasts and is good for an entry level dude?

Base purposes:
    -Car doors: Seems like once a year someone locks their keys in their car at a youth sporting event I'm at - one day it might be my family or I that does it.

-Pad locks (not high dollar ones)

-House doors if necessary

-Cheap locks (say truck toolboxes, and such): I do these with whatever now, but would be nice to go faster

Appreciate any help.

Take care
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

A good pick set shouldn't cost much. I have a basic set that works with most locks, although I don't mess with cars.
    Shouldn't cost more than $30 for a good one. I've had mine for at least 20 years.

Comment

for cars just get one of the inflatable wedge bag deals. that's what the "pros" use.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

House door - https://acehackware.com/collections/bump-keys

Pad lock / Cheap lock - https://acehackware.com/collections/...-lock-pick-set

There's two main ones I use out of entire set for picking pad locks. Plus the tensioner.
        Don't spend too much while your learning, and picks only have a certain shelf life on them depending on how rough you are on them. People also just grind their own..

The Dallas Lock pick group is very helpful. They do meetings where you can experiment with all different types of locks.
        WRX

Comment

thats a new one on me because i thought you had to have a license to buy those

Comment

Nope, not in Texas.

Comment

I've handled these before and they are top notch. Little pricey but top notch. Plus you support a local/small business

The Ti Entry Toolset is made from aircraft-grade Titanium and measures approximately 3.15 inches long. Each set includes a Hook, Double, Triple and Quad Rake as well as a flat double-sided Tensioner.

Comment

I pick them up online and all of them work about the same. You will go through more tension wrenches then anything else. Automotive locks are VERY hard to pick but I have done it a few times to replace the lock cylinder the easy way.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                  I've handled these before and they are top notch. Little pricey but top notch. Plus you support a local/small business

https://store.itstactical.com/securi...y-toolset.html
                  Am I the only one that got the joke about these picks?
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                  X