Bergara rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a tikka t3 in .308

Best rifle i own. I wished it weighed more.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
      Yeah I am pretty set on wanting the 6.5 creedmoor, everyone I have spoken to had nothing but great things to say about it.
      You are not looking for a rifle that makes the most of that round. 243 or 7mm-08 would be a better choice, with an edge given to 243 for availability. Shit dude, that round has been dropping CXP2 game for 6 decades. It shoots like a laser and is very low recoil. 7mm-08 can be had in heavier bullet weights than 243, and is more widely available than 6.5C. It more or less duplicates what is arguably one of the greatest plains game cartridges of all time, the 7x57 Mauser. Stop thinking with your dick about this and get a fucking deer rifle.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

My next rifle is going to be a tikka t3x.

Comment

It is always better to spend a little more and get a really good gun. I hunt with a Sako A7 in 7mm Rem Mag. For the money you can't buy a better gun, IMO.
          http://www.eurooptic.com/sako-a7-big...-jrmbg70f.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
            I have a tikka t3 in .308

Best rifle i own. I wished it weighed more.
            What's it weigh? The savage 10fp I bought a decade ago is right around 11 empty with no base or glass. Maybe one of these years I'll do something with it.

Comment

The T3 Lite line, non varmint/heavy barrel variety, are around 6lbs dry. I bought a T3 Lite when they first started importing them, and it was light and the factory recoil pad was hard. Switched it for a limbsaver pad and it made a huge difference.

That said, my T3x CTR with 20" heavy barrel with scope is still only about 10lbs.
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by bybotie View Post
                It is always better to spend a little more and get a really good gun. I hunt with a Sako A7 in 7mm Rem Mag. For the money you can't buy a better gun, IMO.
                I have a Tika T3 Lite in 7mm Rem Mag. A little much for white tail here, but if I'm lucky enough to get an Elk permit here or go west i don't need to 2 rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by bybotie View Post
                  Definately not in my price range. I'm hoping to be at or under that for rifle and glass. I am currently looking at the bergara timber in 6.5 creedmoor. As mentioned my neighbor is hooking me up with really good prices. He said that particular gun for just under $700. Not entirely dead set on it, but it seems like the best deal for what you get. I do want a wood stock, won't compromise on that part.

Comment

Working...
                  X