Daily carry gun care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily carry gun care?

I have a bad habit of over oiling my guns, now that I daily carry my sheild IWB shirt tucked in 10 hours a day, Oil is not an option as it collects way too much dust. So I started using Dry-Lube good idea or bad??

What to y'all use for to lube your daily gun?
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Clean it, wipe it down with a THIN layer of oil and holster it.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I usually just mist a little remoil and wipe the exposed metal areas till 'dry'. But take my advice with a grain if salt, I'm a stupid glock lover.
      Big Rooster Racing "Dare to win well."

Comment

I soak mine in olive oil. If you smell italian, people leave you alone.

Comment

I don't own a Shield, but I can't imagine is much different than other polymer guns. I put a small drop of oil on each of the 4 slide tabs on the frame of my Glock and one drop in the barrel lug. Shouldn't need more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            I soak mine in olive oil. If you smell italian, people leave you alone.
            Or cow pussy
            2012 GT500

Comment

Frog lube. Don't worry about dust, that won't do shit.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Frog lube. Don't worry about dust, that won't do shit.
                  Good

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                    Or cow pussy

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

If you can't trust your carry gun to fire what you carry on your body (6rds, 7rds, 10rds, etc) without the gun dripping wet with oil, you need a different gun.

Going to the range to blast away, sure I will put some more oil on it.

Going to give the Frog Lube a shot next trip home though.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

So..speaking of shields...I assume we're talking S&W M&P 9mm or 40cal.
                        Been looking at the 40 cal as a replacement for my 9mm Keltec....I've heard a few stories about the safety magically "setting itself to safe" when holstered...creating a dangerous issue for someone needing a CCW suddenly. Anyone here with a Shield experienced this?

Comment

I only carry single actions that have safeties. Safer, and infinitely better trigger.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                            If you can't trust your carry gun to fire what you carry on your body (6rds, 7rds, 10rds, etc) without the gun dripping wet with oil, you need a different gun.

I can't disagree with the italicized portion. If you distrust your personal protection weapon that much, you need to either better educate yourself, or find a different weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post

Going to give the Frog Lube a shot next trip home though.
                              I guess I'm just so used to prepping my guns for the range. Because when I go I usually put 500 rounds through my pistol. And usually no less then 500 rds. through the AR. When I had a stockpile of ammo anyway Lol.
                              I guess I just need to adjust to using as little oil as possible, as opposed to drenching like I'm used to doing.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                              X