No announcement yet.

Best small gun for CCW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know iv said this before, but my Sccy cpx-2 is still my favorite carry weapon. Its small, 12 rounds of 9mm, dao, no safety, very low price ($250), and 100% reliable so far. I have been carrying it every day for over 3 years. Fired 2000 rounds thru it, first 1000 right out of the box with no cleanning, and not 1 ftf or ftf.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      Both of my shields lack manual safeties.
      When I bought mine I was told that wasn't an option...then shortly afterward they began offering the model without it. Oh well...I have no complaints about the XDs...its a comfortable gun to shoot and very accurate...and it makes nice big holes

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
        I know iv said this before, but my Sccy cpx-2 is still my favorite carry weapon. Its small, 12 rounds of 9mm, dao, no safety, very low price ($250), and 100% reliable so far. I have been carrying it every day for over 3 years. Fired 2000 rounds thru it, first 1000 right out of the box with no cleanning, and not 1 ftf or ftf.
        I've been thinking about picking one of those up...I've not heard anything bad about them except from the people that insist that the ONLY gun worth having is a thousand dollar (pick an overpriced brand) gun. For the money they look pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          I've been thinking about picking one of those up...I've not heard anything bad about them except from the people that insist that the ONLY gun worth having is a thousand dollar (pick an overpriced brand) gun. For the money they look pretty nice.
          Im telling u for the money u cant beat it. And it actually has a really good finish and feel. It shoots straight every time. I have expensive handguns, but they stay safe in the house. I dont care if this one gets torn up from holsters and being thrown around in the jeep. Because i know when my life is on the line, its gonna fire every time.

Comment

Originally posted by txstangnut View Post
            I think the lcp is still smaller but I dont have one to compare sizes. I think the round is good enough because I look at the two side by side and the 9mm only seems to have a longer case but the bullet looks very close in size. I have not put calipers to them too be sure.

I use Corbon as my carry ammo. I feel 380 is good enough but each to his own. LCP does not take much planning to throw in my pocket and still seems to be my go to carry gun.
            380 and 9mm use the same bullet but 9mm pushes the bullets much faster - better expansion and adequate penetration.
            Last edited by Nash B.; 05-03-2017, 01:09 PM.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              Keep your booger hook off the bang switch. That's your safety!

Truth! One of my favorite lines from any movie about gun safety

Comment

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch. That's your safety!

I've seen a few videos of people's glock's going off when they holster it due to snagging clothing. One was a cop in a gun store.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000 vert View Post
                  Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  I had one, and it was a very good gun for the money. I had a fairly early example that had the problem with the pins walking out, but SCCY's customer service was fantastic. They gave me three options to fix it. 1) Send it to them, 2) They'd send me new pins, or 3) Superglue the pins in, and they'd send me two factory mags for the trouble. I took option 3.
                  I regret selling it, but I broke even on it.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    I've seen a few videos of people's glock's going off when they holster it due to snagging clothing. One was a cop in a gun store.
                    A piece of clothing can cause handguns many law enforcement agencies use to fire, as an Indiana police chief recently found after accidentally shooting himse...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

All negligent discharges.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrJMQupYxaw

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

All negligent discharges.
                      Thanks for confirming my report.

Comment

Why the shit would you just blindly holster? I always pull my shirt up and make sure there's nothing in the holster and nothing that could get pulled into it when I holster my Glock.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                          Why the shit would you just blindly holster? I always pull my shirt up and make sure there's nothing in the holster and nothing that could get pulled into it when I holster my Glock.
                          Complacent. Same as most accidental / negligent discharges.

Comment

Complacent. Same as most accidental / negligent discharges.
                            So what's your point?

Comment

That you should have a safety on your gun so that when you are being a dipshit you don't shoot yourself? Though I disagree.. The real solution is to quit being a dipshit.

Comment

That you should have a safety on your gun so that when you are being a dipshit you don't shoot yourself? Though I disagree.. The real solution is to quit being a dipshit.
                                I'd agree with that. However, human error will always be present.

Comment

Working...
                                X