Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman calls police for noise, they kill her.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman calls police for noise, they kill her.

Woman apparently heard a noise behind her house and called police. They end up killing her for unknown reason.

40-year-old woman who family members said called 911 to report a possible assault in the alley behind her home Saturday night was fatally shot by a Minneapolis police officer.

The shooting happened at the end of the alley on W. 51st Street between Washburn and Xerxes avenues S. in the city’s Fulton neighborhood.

The woman, Justine Damond, from Sydney, Australia, and her fiancé lived in the 5000 block of Washburn.

Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver’s side door, sources said. No weapon was found at the scene.

“Two Minneapolis police officers responded to a 911 call of a possible assault just north of the 5100 block of Washburn Avenue S. just before 11:30 p.m. Saturday,” the state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said in a news release. “At one point, an officer fired their weapon, fatally striking a woman.
    The BCA’s investigation is in its early stages. More information will be available once initial interviews with incident participants and any witnesses are complete. … The officers’ body cameras were not turned on at the time and the squad camera did not capture the incident. Investigators are attempting to determine whether any video of the incident exists.”

Authorities have not released the woman’s name, but it was confirmed by people at the scene.

Minneapolis police confirmed that the two officers involved are on paid administrative leave, which is standard procedure.

The shooting was called “tragic” by Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges, who held a news conference about it at City Hall late Sunday afternoon, appearing with assistant Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo and Linea Palmisano, who represents the 13th Ward on the City Council.

“I am heartsick and deeply disturbed by the fatal officer-involved shooting that happened last night,” Hodges said.

“I know the neighborhood well,” said Hodges, who represented the area for eight years as a City Council member.

“We have few facts at this point,” she said. “I want to know more. I call on the BCA to share as much information with all of us as quickly as they can.

“I have questions about why the bodycams weren’t on,” she said.

trigger happy

Comment

Business as usual...

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
        Business as usual...

The person killed was a white person this time.

It simply amazes me that the police do not understand why the public is losing trust in them.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          The person killed was a white person this time.

It simply amazes me that the police do not understand why the public is losing trust in them.
          They kill more whites than blacks every year.

Comment

Saw this early this morning. Something definitely doesn't add up. The story I first read didn't have the part about her talking to the driver and the guy shooting her. If that's how it went down, someone should be tried for murder no questions asked. Wonder if the Aussies will burn it down?

Comment

Cops are now scared of blondes with accents?

Comment

The problem is that there is no consequences for them taking a life. They just have to say they were in fear for their life and the blue line toers will back them up.

You may have friends that are LEOs, but in general, the police are not your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  Cops are now scared of blondes with accents?
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Excellent post, Baron!

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                      Excellent post, Baron!
                      I thought guys liked chicks with accents.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

she looks like a trouble maker

Comment

One of the officers was named "Mohamed Noor", a Somali-American alleged to have been the shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            One of the officers was named "Mohamed Noor", a Somali-American alleged to have been the shooter.
                            Her Jammies probably showed too much skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              Her Jammies probably showed too much skin.
                              Sharia law enforcement by one of Minneapolis finest...

Comment

Working...
                              X