No announcement yet.

What would you do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a similar, but worse experience at this fucking shithole out in west texas. There were three tables seated, so it wasn't crowded at all. Same thing as you, I came in, got my drinks, got my order in, and the waiter vanished. I sat there for a solid hour and never saw my food. Flagged down the waiter, who said that it wasn't even close to being ready, and would probably be another hour.

I was tired, hungry, and pissed off, so I asked for the check for the drinks and to cancel my order. Waiter was mad, but agreed. I was fuming, so I let my sister pay and I went to crank up the car. I walked to the door, casually pushed it open and started heading toward the car. Owner of the joint followed me out, screaming HEY at me. I thought that he thought I wasn't paying, so I turned around to explain it.

His drunk ass thought I shoved his door too hard on my way out, and decided to go all billy badass, from a safe distance, started screaming at me about how I was in the wrong country, and how people with my attitude get put in a barrel around there.

Being a hell of a long way from home, and staying the night in a tiny, hick town in the west texas desert, I laughed at him and walked away.

Much as I would have liked to given his toilet an upper decker, I gave him a shit google review instead, and had a good laugh about it on the way home. From what I read, it wasn't the first time he had pulled that shit.

TLDR version:
    Slow service, no food, drunk idiot, threat of murder, bad google review.

Comment

I never complain about bad service but I will walk exactly 25 minutes after placing the order at a dine in restaurant if nothing gets placed on my table. I would not even mind being handed the wrong order just as long as it is something to eat but some places can not even manage doing that in a timely fashion. I also have a 10 minute rule for drive ins.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        If you want to be vindictive, a post on Facebook goes a long ways. I would just not go back.
        I went looking for their facebook last night. Not to leave a review, but more to read recent reviews. The only one that came up was for a Rib Crib in Oklahoma.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

1) start reading reviews to make sure you don't set foot in a similar place. 5 minute on google and you can find kid friendly restaraunts with good food galore.

2). It's a chain? Write or contact corporate offices. A chain doesn't want their reputation and future destroyed by poorly managed stores. You will likely get lots of free food for calling and that store will see some changes pronto.

3). At a bare minimum find a local BBQ guy that will value your business more.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            1) start reading reviews to make sure you don't set foot in a similar place. 5 minute on google and you can find kid friendly restaraunts with good food galore.

2). It's a chain? Write or contact corporate offices. A chain doesn't want their reputation and future destroyed by poorly managed stores. You will likely get lots of free food for calling and that store will see some changes pronto.

3). At a bare minimum find a local BBQ guy that will value your business more.
            We generally don't have any issue. Lance is very well behaved for 15 months old.

We have VERY few options in Greenville. This was a whim because we like their food, in the past it has been relatively quick, and Lance likes a lot of stuff on the kid's menu.

There are a few local BBQ joints that we frequent that are much better, I leaned towards this location because I was leaning towards enjoying some frosty adult beverages. Good thing I didn't, those cold sandwiches may have flown back into the kitchen...

Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

We walked from ihop once for the same reason. We would go there after the races at redline. The first 30 wasnt bad as we where all still wound up from the races, but the next 45 we got pissed and left.

Ive been pissed off by food places, but its always when they are clearly slow and dont give a fuck. Im more underatanding if they are busy and hustling

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                I had a similar, but worse experience at this fucking shithole out in west texas. There were three tables seated, so it wasn't crowded at all. Same thing as you, I came in, got my drinks, got my order in, and the waiter vanished. I sat there for a solid hour and never saw my food. Flagged down the waiter, who said that it wasn't even close to being ready, and would probably be another hour.

I was tired, hungry, and pissed off, so I asked for the check for the drinks and to cancel my order. Waiter was mad, but agreed. I was fuming, so I let my sister pay and I went to crank up the car. I walked to the door, casually pushed it open and started heading toward the car. Owner of the joint followed me out, screaming HEY at me. I thought that he thought I wasn't paying, so I turned around to explain it.

His drunk ass thought I shoved his door too hard on my way out, and decided to go all billy badass, from a safe distance, started screaming at me about how I was in the wrong country, and how people with my attitude get put in a barrel around there.

Being a hell of a long way from home, and staying the night in a tiny, hick town in the west texas desert, I laughed at him and walked away.

Much as I would have liked to given his toilet an upper decker, I gave him a shit google review instead, and had a good laugh about it on the way home. From what I read, it wasn't the first time he had pulled that shit.

TLDR version:
                Slow service, no food, drunk idiot, threat of murder, bad google review.
                Where?

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                I went looking for their facebook last night. Not to leave a review, but more to read recent reviews. The only one that came up was for a Rib Crib in Oklahoma.

They are based out of Craklahoma. I've had good and bad there.
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  We generally don't have any issue. Lance is very well behaved for 15 months old.

We have VERY few options in Greenville. This was a whim because we like their food, in the past it has been relatively quick, and Lance likes a lot of stuff on the kid's menu.

There are a few local BBQ joints that we frequent that are much better, I leaned towards this location because I was leaning towards enjoying some frosty adult beverages. Good thing I didn't, those cold sandwiches may have flown back into the kitchen...

Not saying anything about your kid or anyone else's. As a dad, I know it's important to get kids something to drink and munch on pronto. Hell the same goes for me too. I hate shitty service. I tip as well as I can for good service and usually tell the managers when I get outstanding services. When I get bad service I generally bolt and never return.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    Nowadays, a legitimate threat is explaining that you're taking a picture of the incomplete cold meal and you're going to bag on them on Yelp/biz Facebook/Twitter and call corporate (if a chain). I also would have sat the bag down and left without paying.
                    The only negative review I have ever placed on yelp was for a restaurant, but I made sure to single out the manager for ignoring one simple request, along with the quality of the food which was pathetic. I made sure in the same review however to praise the server, who did nothing wrong.

People tend to leave negative online reviews much more often than they will put forth the effort to leave positive ones, so I always take any establishment's online rating with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                      Where?
                      Juan Carrasco Mercantile in Balmorhea, TX. Shit splat town that only scuba divers know about, near Fort Davis.

Comment

i would dump the the table over, throw my drinks against the wall, and fuckin scream at everyone to go GET FUCKED!!!

Comment

^^^
                          haha!

I really have only had bad service at a few restaurants over the years and I just never went back and gave them any business.
                          Though since going out to eat has gotten so expensive, I will send an email to corporate if I have a bad experience and not go back as well. Lately I had to send an email to Pollo Regio about the dirty ass McKinney location and the City health inspector was copied as well. I received a call from him later that day and they do have a problem at that location that he was going to address it the next day. He probably got a fire lit under his ass since I sent it to his boss.
                          Taco Cabana got one for chinching out on their carne guisado tacos, i would expect some meat and not just a gravy smear on a tortilla, especially at almost $3.00 per. They at least offered a free meal, but that'e not why I did it. I still have not gone back to cash in and I'm not sure I will...
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm the worst type of customer. I wont bitch, I'll just never fucking go back.

FUCK YOU WHATABURGER!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              I'm the worst type of customer. I wont bitch, I'll just never fucking go back.

FUCK YOU WHATABURGER Chick Fil A!
                              Fixed...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'd start a thread and bitch about it for a couple days. Maybe even write a strongly worded letter if I was feeling froggy.

Comment

Working...
                                X