No announcement yet.

Tool boxes. Whats still good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a stainless Kobalt box from Lowes that's solid and lined. My first was a cheapie, and I won't make that mistake again.

Comment

Harbor freight toolboxes are excluded from their coupons now. Still a great deal when on sale.

Comment

I bought a 28" Craftsman HD edition on close out from the Sears store in Sherman. I really like it so far for home use, at work I have a slightly larger Proto that I like even better.
        Attached Files
        1990 GT

Comment

Another vote for the 44” Harbor Frieght or anything larger. The only downside here are the casters. IF you are going to roll it around, you’ll want to get some better casters. Harbor Frieght’s US Generals are BETTER than Husky or Kobalt and cost less. Both Husky and Kobalt have angle iron frames under them. Harbor Frieght has c-bar frames which gives you a more sturdy foundation for the rest of the toolbox. I’ve had mine for 5 years and I have zero complaints.

Comment

I got 2 Husky 54" lowers and 2 54" uppers from Home Depot. Comparing them to the 4 small Craftsman boxes they replaced is ridiculous. They are great. I'd post pics, but photobucket sux. All the Crap On and other "pro" boxes are still ridiculous priced used.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I've had the US General upper and lower box set from Harbor Freight for a couple of years. When I was looking at reviews I stumbled across a good review thread of most of the popular brands available. Never thought that I would buy a toolbox from Harbor Freight but the feedback was almost all positive and I've been very happy with it myself. It is much better than my old Craftsman that it replaced.

As if there aren’t enough threads already on Harbor Freight tool cabinets. I think this offers new material, so I started a new thread. I initially set out to compare 26” roll away tool chests, and in the process looked at the 41 inch series as well. I don’t use my tools to make money, but I...

Comment

Thanks guys gunna check everything out. Everything said is what echoed from few years back.

I like the generals, the only thing i hate from all the boxes ive seen is id like 2 full length drawers.

Comment

I still have my Snap-On and I'll never get rid of it.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Im gunna talk with my guy tomorrow if i get a chance see what he has used.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                      I picked up 2 harbor freights and built a work bench out of them. I needed more storage and a bench to work on

How are you going to threaten to quit and lube up the tool box wheels when your box has no wheels.

Comment

Snap-On here, I've had two triple stacks in the last 30 years, no problems with either. You can definitely find great deals on repo's and trade-ins on their local trucks...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                          I still have my Snap-On and I'll never get rid of it.
                          Same here. Ford Muscle Car series
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Talked with him today. Talking.with the mac guy next time he stops by.

Best part is im not in a hurry, and can wait. Told him what i wanted new or used etc. Got some new prices and they are about half of list. With no worktop. Id really like to find a clean krl722 with the stainless top used. Ill check up with him next week.

Next time im im near a home depot im going to check out the husky with the no slam drawers.

Comment

Ended up with a snap on box. Went a little taller and got a krl1022 in the bright green with the stainless top.

Post pics when i get it home. Its not quite cow skin rug or expresso machine, but its up there to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                                Ended up with a snap on box. Went a little taller and got a krl1022 in the bright green with the stainless top.

Post pics when i get it home. Its not quite cow skin rug or expresso machine, but its up there to me.
                                Look at this rich guy!!!

I didn't realize toolboxes could hit 10k until today and now I'm sure they go way higher!

Comment

Working...
                                X