Advertising forum got a little smaller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
    One of the problems now with this forum is we have gotten pretty insular. Over time, the meet-and-greet get togethers get either a lot smaller, more infrequent, and more exclusive. Such is the nature of friendships as we all get older to have smaller groups of friends, but it sure does not help the growth of the forum or its web traffic for advertising rates.

Years back, this place had sponsored MMCMs every month, t-shirts, car logo stickers, weekly Sonic GTGs in 4 places (North - Carrollton , South - Arlington , West - Fort Worth Basswood Sonic, and East - some fuckin' place in garland, i dunno) along with twice yearly track events.

Now we have very small and scattered local meets, the holiday parties, no monthly bond, and no events.
    My wife got me involved with her Jeep club and that group does a ton of events. At least once a month they have a meet at Gas Monkey and No Frills in Arlington. They also have regular off road events at Bridgeport and will do an annual trip to the coast somewhere for Topless day.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      My wife got me involved with her Jeep club and that group does a ton of events. At least once a month they have a meet at Gas Monkey and No Frills in Arlington. They also have regular off road events at Bridgeport and will do an annual trip to the coast somewhere for Topless day.
      Yeah, people quit going to the events, thats why there arent any. It was too far, too late, too early, in the middle of the week, on the weekend, or otherwise some excuse as to why three people would show.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        Yeah, people quit going to the events, thats why there arent any. It was too far, too late, too early, in the middle of the week, on the weekend, or otherwise some excuse as to why three people would show.
        That and another factor is that a Mustang meet will pretty much always end up with someone street racing afterward. Not really a problem with a Jeep club.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          That and another factor is that a Mustang meet will pretty much always end up with someone street racing afterward. Not really a problem with a Jeep club.
          Exactly, jeeps are gay...

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            Yeah, people quit going to the events, thats why there arent any. It was too far, too late, too early, too many assholes, in the middle of the week, on the weekend, or otherwise some excuse as to why three people would show.
            Fix't (j/k)

Comment

Too many have moved on. It's as simple as that. This is happening with every UBB-like forum out there, and there's always someone who wants to blame members for its demise. There's nothing that's going to bring back this place to what it once was.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Too many have moved on. It's as simple as that. This is happening with every UBB-like forum out there, and there's always someone who wants to blame members for its demise. There's nothing that's going to bring back this place to what it once was.
                You're absolutely right, it couldnt possibly be the members.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Not sure if that's sarcasm, but the mannerisms of this place have been dead nuts consistent since its inception. Complaining about who did what to drive members out is a dumb excuse.

Comment

I'll post more video's that will help get some new members!

Comment

I dont think the forums format is the reason places die. Many forums do just fine. Hell, texasbowhunter has thousands of posts a day.

To me, it feels like the car scene is dying. I could be wrong but I see less and less people working on cars and trying to build stuff.

and the reason I stopped paying for a membership was because the advertisements came in. WTF was I paying for? This spin off was because the Canadians came in with advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        I dont think the forums format is the reason places die. Many forums do just fine. Hell, texasbowhunter has thousands of posts a day.

To me, it feels like the car scene is dying. I could be wrong but I see less and less people working on cars and trying to build stuff.

and the reason I stopped paying for a membership was because the advertisements came in. WTF was I paying for? This spin off was because the Canadians came in with advertising.
                        The VIP forum was so Tyler can help keep the forum going, but since no one is paying for VIP (present company included) he has to to pay for it somehow. I have AD Block and I don't see any ads. I would be willing to pony up since some of the advertisers have left. I call this place home and I do see members several times a year.
                        I'm not really into car shows anymore or standing around in a parking lot and monkeying around just isn't fun anymore. I also don'g go to the track anymore, that shit is expensive yo.
                        It seemed like it was around a $1k to go to a weekend track event, by the time you add in entrance fees, nitrous fills, race fuel, tires, Top Fuel Nachos, corn dogs, side bets and lord forbid something breaks, transmissions and rear ends are expensive.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Consider all the good that has come out of this forum, for example adoption of the cowskin rug as the default indicator of one's financial status.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post

Forums with content will be fine.... so yeah

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                              Forums with content will be fine.... so yeah
                              The random political picture thread is thriving...

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                                I agree...all dudes at that. We've had a few new members that would show up, then get run off shortly after. I've been meaning to go VIP to see what I'm missing in the private forum.
                                You're not missing much, it's been pretty stale over there for a couple years. I do however keep my VIP to help the site a little.

The classifieds have been pretty dead here for some time, but with a drop in active members that's only natural I'd guess. I still check them at least once a day for the random anything that pops up. I've only met a handful of people from the site, but it's always been a pleasure and mostly to buy or sell something. I've had the most interaction with Whiteboy, speaking of which I haven't seen him post in forever.

I did make 2 or 3 of the drag events in Denton. Living near the border did always play a role in not making the other events.

Like a few others have stated, I don't have a facebook account so my interactions are all website based. I've tried tapatalk and don't like it, so I stick to the browser version.
                                Last edited by shumpertdavid; 09-19-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X