Any hookups in the oilfield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
    You along with the mudman will be the most made fun of person on location.
    Meh, I've heard that before.

Comment

I worked for Patterson years ago. . Learned a lot. will not work for them again unless it's my last option. . Once you get experience it will be easier finding another job if you have too. . Every job is dangerous. . Use common sense and you will be fine. . You will do a lot of washing and painting. . You will go to your orientation they will tell you all the stuff not to do.. if it's anything like it was when I work there expect the opposite at the rig. . Dont be scared to put your hands on something. .

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
        You along with the mudman will be the most made fun of person on location.
        I've never really let it bother me when I've been made fun of for making more money and/or working less for the same money
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

What wrong with mud man? 75-100k a year to check mud and write a report. . He has a guy making less money doing all the work (derrick hand)..

Comment

Hell nothing really wrong with the job, just most the time the guy doing the job is on soaps level.
            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Stallion Oilfield Services is looking at my resume to fill a QC position 45miles south east of San Antonio. My buddy works for them now and is brokering the introduction. He said that they want to set up a meeting with me probably first thing as soon as I get back on dry land from this cruise.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by rz5.0 View Post
                What wrong with mud man? 75-100k a year to check mud and write a report. . He has a guy making less money doing all the work (derrick hand)..
                If a derrick hand isn't clearing 100k a year before taxes, he's getting fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                  If a derrick hand isn't clearing 100k a year before taxes, he's getting fucked.
                  How so. ... . The average pay is around 23-26 an hour.. can't count bonus or
                  per dim or oil base pay. Because not every one gets it..
                  i have a good friend mud engineer making 750 a day..

Comment

Making 26 an hour and 39 over time. .
                    26x40=1040 39x 44= 1716 (over time) =2756 a pay check.. usually get two a month. .so that's 5532 a month. . I just don't see a 100k a year. . There it's companies that pay bonus. Depending on performance. . I have a friend working on one for EOG the floorhands are making 100k a year with bonus. .

Comment

• I interviewed with Stallion this morning. It went well and I hope to be at work in 2 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        I interviewed with Stallion this morning. It went well and I hope to be at work in 2 weeks.
                        Safety? Congrats!
                        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                          Safety? Congrats!
                          Either Safety or a QC position. Both pay the same. I am good with either but would rather the QC...it has a entertainment allowance

Comment

• Originally posted by rz5.0 View Post
                            I worked for Patterson years ago. . Learned a lot. will not work for them again unless it's my last option. . Once you get experience it will be easier finding another job if you have too. . Every job is dangerous. . Use common sense and you will be fine. . You will do a lot of washing and painting. . You will go to your orientation they will tell you all the stuff not to do.. if it's anything like it was when I work there expect the opposite at the rig. . Dont be scared to put your hands on something. .
                            Funny I've got a cousin with them that refuses to go anywhere else
                            07 f250-family truckster
                            08 Denali -baby hauler
                            52 f1-rust bucket
                            05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                            livin the double-wide dream

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                              Either Safety or a QC position. Both pay the same. I am good with either but would rather the QC...it has a entertainment allowance
                              If you take the QC, I know a great Safety guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                                If you take the QC, I know a great Safety guy.
                                They seem to want to start me in the QC and saida Safety spot will be open in a few months. If I want to switch then they said it would be an option.

I will keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X