No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6'4" barefoot. Hell I want to build a home gym, the only problem is that it would have to be on the 2nd floor or I would have to kick myself or the wife out of the garage.
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• so 6'4"?
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        so 6'4"?
        That would be correct, I have noticed a ton of people either don't know to measure their height barefoot or they are liars. Iv talked to a lot of people that are maybe 6'1" tell me they are 6'4" and think I must be 6'5" or taller.
        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          Will probably need to get some steel plates soon, as the 45 lb bumpers take up too much room on the bar when it's loaded up.
          Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          Learn to dump the weight.
          Let us know how that works out for you.

In my humble opinion, dumping the weight when squatting is reckless, and setting one up for an injury. Especially as the weights get heavier. The rack is there simply for your protection, there's absolutely no shame in failing under a squat, and coming to rest on the safety bars.

It's not a big deal for things like the snatch, clean or deadlift, though you're going to have fun with those new steel plates.

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
            That would be correct, I have noticed a ton of people either don't know to measure their height barefoot or they are liars. Iv talked to a lot of people that are maybe 6'1" tell me they are 6'4" and think I must be 6'5" or taller.
            I weight myself after a big meal when bulking, and after taking a dump when on a diet, no shame in taking every advantage... :P

Comment

• Lol my weight fluctuates a few pounds a day, this weight and pic were first thing in the morning pre-dump.
              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                lol, I thought I might be 6'5" because so many people shorter than me would say they were 6'3" or 6'4"

nope... 6'4" just like I've been for years! LOL
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  lol, I thought I might be 6'5" because so many people shorter than me would say they were 6'3" or 6'4"

nope... 6'4" just like I've been for years! LOL
                  haha Ive been measured 6'3 many times so I tell everyone 6'2.

Comment

• Lets see some pics of everyone's home gym! I want some ,motivation to do my own gym.

Oh and nice big gulp in the cup holder of the weight bench gasser.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      Let us know how that works out for you.

In my humble opinion, dumping the weight when squatting is reckless, and setting one up for an injury. Especially as the weights get heavier. The rack is there simply for your protection, there's absolutely no shame in failing under a squat, and coming to rest on the safety bars.

It's not a big deal for things like the snatch, clean or deadlift, though you're going to have fun with those new steel plates.
                      I totally get that. But just because my rack doesn't have bars doesn't mean I won't do heavy squats. I'm not advocating being a retard though, I promise lol

Comment

• Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                        Lets see some pics of everyone's home gym! I want some ,motivation to do my own gym.

dammit... thats um

Not mine! That ain't mine.

On a serious note, I tell places I want ice water. Most of their drinks are nasty anyway, and I've always liked water.

Oh and fyi everyone, Academy is burleson is running a sale (or was 3 days ago) on that red pin striped adjustable bench in the photo. I got it for $75, its reg $139 IIRC. I think they're going to discontinue it... maybe. Not sure. But it was on sale so I scooped it up. Its not something that's going to be a hot seller so its very possible they still have more.

Good for doing butterfly curls and all manner of other dumbell stuff
                        Last edited by Gasser64; 05-24-2015, 10:31 AM.
                        WH

Comment

Lets see some pics of everyone's home gym! I want some ,motivation to do my own gym

See below
                          Last edited by Strychnine; 05-31-2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I totally get that. But just because my rack doesn't have bars doesn't mean I won't do heavy squats. I'm not advocating being a retard though, I promise lol
                            I squat in the same rack at my gym, if need be I dump the weight. I do low bar squats mostly, so I think it's a bit easier to dump than a high bar or a front squat
                            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Lets see some pics of everyone's home gym! I want some ,motivation to do my own gym.

I posted up about a sale on some good gym equipment, but some mod deleted it. They'll probably delete this too.
                              WH

Comment

I do.

When back in DFW I try to go work with the guys at Arlington Strength & Conditioning, but here in Houston it's all at home.
                                One of my old workout partners works out there in the mornings for 2 a days and absolutely loves that gym.
                                He did the Murph yesterday and said it just about killed him.

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                I posted up about a sale on some good gym equipment, but some mod deleted it. They'll probably delete this too.
                                Wasn't me, I restored it for you though.

Comment

Working...
                                X