No announcement yet.

1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old cars would be so much more fun without all the damn rust. Just getting back to baseline wastes so much time and money.
    1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
    TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
    Work In Progress

Comment

• Well I got the garage cleared out of the junk in it. Should be back on track next weekend while the wife is out of town. Gonna really deep clean the garage and get the car situated. Then back to the grind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• You're making nice progress. This illustrates why it's so important to start out with a rust free car because it ends up taking a lot more work to get it back together.

Comment

• Alrighty. Got some progress going on today!

Still have some welds on the a-pillar to spot weld to solidify the a-pillar. But I got the door on and got it lined up pretty good. I am gonna have to drill the door bracket holes a bit to get the door moved back a little cause of the alignment. The a-pillar on the bottom may not be all the way straight but I’m having to eye ball everything I’m doing. But the rocker panel seems to line up pretty good with the door bottom but it’s a little farther back than the wheel well but I can live with that. I can maybe knock it in a bit if anything to get it straighter. But good day today, it hasn’t had a rust free set of doors on it in at least 25 years haha. Slowly but surely. May do the rest of the a-pillar work tomorrow. I’m gonna have to take the brackets back off to blast them and paint them before I put them on indefinitely. Plus getting the inner door area at least primed.

Comment

• My hero.

Comment

• Sooooo, not to toot my own horn, but...

Beep frekin beep , not too shabby for a guy learning to patch panels up himself haha

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• So glad you are working on this again. Thanks for the updates.

Comment

• that looks great.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Thanks guys, I think I’m gonna go ahead and pull the other fender back off. And get to working on the cowl panel. It’s a big big job from what I understand.

Comment

• Damn man, you're making chicken salad out of chicken shit and it looks delicious! lol

Cowl is a big pain, but at this point I think you'll be able to breeze through it. That A-pillar/rocker situation was likely more difficult. Cowl is a ton of spot welds, but more or less like Lego compared to that other crap.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                          Damn man, you're making chicken salad out of chicken shit and it looks delicious! lol

Cowl is a big pain, but at this point I think you'll be able to breeze through it. That A-pillar/rocker situation was likely more difficult. Cowl is a ton of spot welds, but more or less like Lego compared to that other crap.

Keep up the good work!

Hahahaha thanks man, I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube videos on the disassembly for the panel. Does seem like it’s mostly the spot welds. Little braze removal in a couple spots but not too bad over all, you’re probably right on the difficulty over all with the a pillar and what I had to work with vs the cowl panel.

I gotta get done more spot weld bits to work with. Mine started to come apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post

I gotta get done more spot weld bits to work with. Mine started to come apart.
                            That doesn't surprise me at all. Keep doing the Lord's work man. You've got to be running low on metal to replace eventually, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                              That doesn't surprise me at all. Keep doing the Lord's work man. You've got to be running low on metal to replace eventually, lol.

Haha man I’m hoping so. Just a few more things on the floor then I can start to grind away the hunk left over from the crap inside the car from the weather. Then I can actually coat the floors and finish them.

Comment

• This thread is awesome. Love seeing someone tackle this sort of stuff at home in their garage.

Comment

Working...
                                X