Boss 429 in a movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss 429 in a movie?

I'm trying to remember a movie I saw years ago. It seemed like a mad max style movie. The hero character finds an old man storing what I remember to be a Boss 429 mustang. He fixes it and drives it out into the world to continue his "fight".
    Anybody remember anything like this?

Google only had John Wick links. Wasn’t that?
    2012 GT500

Comment

The only thing that rings a bell based on your description is the 80s movie Cherry 2000. Its post apocalyptic and they drive a Mustang at some point. Its a '66 or something, not a Boss 429 though.
      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Wasn't there one in that war of the worlds remake? Scifi movie. The guy wasn't an old man though. Car was black iirc

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
        the 80s movie Cherry 2000

One day there will be robots like in that movie, and as with everything they'll eventually get cheap. That is when the world population falls to 2 billion, and feminism as we know it is totally annihilated.
        WH

Comment

?

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            Wasn't there one in that war of the worlds remake? Scifi movie. The guy wasn't an old man though. Car was black iirc
            That was a 66 Shelby GT 350 hertz
            Originally posted by Marisa
            we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Theres another movie that comes to mind but I dont recall the name. I just remember the main character needs a vehicle and him and his sidekick come across a few potential vehicles. He has his pick between a mustang and a Shelby cobra. He rejects the cobra because he deems it too fragile. So they drag mustang out and do a quick fix up montage to get it running and off they go.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                Google only had John Wick links. Wasn’t that?
                Naw, I recall it being an 80s movie. I thought it was a Mad max.

Comment

I could be mistaken, but I recall it being post apocalyptic. The hero character takes up refuge with some loner in a compound and is surprised to learn he has a rare muscle era mustang that I remember as a Boss429.
                  Last edited by Jimbo; 08-28-2018, 02:37 AM.

Comment

The only thing that rings a bell based on your description is the 80s movie Cherry 2000. Its post apocalyptic and they drive a Mustang at some point. Its a '66 or something, not a Boss 429 though.
                    I'll have to check that out.

I saw a car sitting the other day that sparked my memory of this.
                    Here's a pic:

Last edited by Jimbo; 08-29-2018, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                      I could be mistaken, but I recall it being post apocalyptic. The hero character takes up refuge with some loner in a compound and is surprised to learn he has a rare muscle era mustang that I remember as a Boss429.
                      Does the old guy have other vehicles that the hero rejects in favor of the mustang?

Comment

Stryker

and

1970 Ford Mustang, 1970 Ford Torino Four Door Hardtop in Stryker, 1983
                        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Does the old guy have other vehicles that the hero rejects in favor of the mustang?
                          Not that I recall, but it's been a long time, so who knows.

Comment

That looks very familiar, I'll have to watch those.

Comment

Working...
                            X