Rick Perry compares homosexuality to alcoholism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Perry compares homosexuality to alcoholism

:facepalm: Good luck ever even getting close to legitimately having a chance at President, dumbass.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry has drawn criticism for comments he made at an event Wednesday night in which he compared homosexuality to alcoholism.
    The Republican was asked by the event’s moderator at the InterContinental Mark Hopkins hotel in San Francisco whether he considered homosexuality to be a disorder, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

“Whether or not you feel compelled to follow a particular lifestyle or not, you have the ability to decide not to do that,” he said. “I may have the genetic coding that I’m inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that, and I look at the homosexual issue the same way.”

The newspaper reported that the comments “drew a murmur of disbelief” among the crowd. A local CBS affiliate also reported that a few people in the audience gasped at the response.

Mr. Perry made a similar comparison in his 2008 book “On My Honor,” writing that homosexuality is an “active choice,” similar to drinking, Talking Points Memo noted.

The governor is in California as part of a trip to lure businesses to Texas. He also made an appearance in Sacramento, where he made a push for Tesla Motors to build their $5 billion battery factory in Texas.

Mr. Perry also spoke Wednesday about the stunning defeat of House Majority Leader Eric Cantor in Virginia’s Republican primary, attributing his loss to conservative David Brat to not spending enough time with constituents.

“Having been involved in elected office for 30 years now, it’s pretty simple: Spend plenty of time in your home district,” Mr. Perry said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz34Rgmv0Hr
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

The Washington Times delivers breaking news and commentary on the issues that affect the future of our nation.

Well now.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

That isn't really a comparison, but more an analogy.

And some bottles are shaped like phallic symbols, so...

Comment

Sounds like a guy who made a contentious decision to be straight.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Making the comment is one thing. But doing it in san francisco is even more stupid.

Also, I wish he wasnt in california anyway. Those fucktards have managed to fuck their state up bigtime. Dont encourage these people to bring their voting habits here and fuck up our state.
          "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            Sounds like a guy who made a contentious decision to be straight.
            Are you saying if you laid a hard dick next to hard liquor, that Rick Perry would have a serious decision at hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              Are you saying if you laid a hard dick next to hard liquor, that Rick Perry would have a serious decision at hand?
              I think he is saying Rick Perry is a gay in hiding.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                Well, I suppose so. Ive never been attracted to a man, so there was never a point in my life that I had to make a choice on the matter. Just like Ive never been attracted to a cow, so Ill never have to choose not to put my dick in one's mouth.

Apparently ol' Rick has made that choice before, otherwise why would it be on his mind?
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I think what Rick is trying to say is, if you don't drink, you're a queer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                    Ill drink to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                      Solid analysis.

Bottom's up! err......

Comment

Goddamn I wish he would shut the fuck up about social issues. Probably better that he speaks up though, so we don't wind up with him as President.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

So Rick Perry continues to confirm that he is an idiot... no surprise there...

Comment

rick hates queers!!!!

Comment

“Whether or not you feel compelled to follow a particular lifestyle or not, you have the ability to decide not to do that,” he said. “I may have the genetic coding that I’m inclined to be queer, but I have the desire not to do that, and I look at the homosexual issue the same way.”

I think he is just trying to drop the hint that he hasn't come out of the closet yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X