Biden Anti 2nd amendment promises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    The fact that you can't find these seldom used rounds or 12 gauge bird shot solidifies the fact that these people are just buying it up to create demand and selling it at astronomical prices to make a big profit. These rounds don't just fly off of the shelves because people are using 200 rounds to hunt with.
    BINGO!!! Guys in Oklahoma and Texas are doing it big time. What sucks is Academy doesn't limit how much they can buy.
    Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

• Well I hope those a holes who have no use for it are stuck with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 68RR View Post
        BINGO!!! Guys in Oklahoma and Texas are doing it big time. What sucks is Academy doesn't limit how much they can buy.
        I met a guy a couple weeks ago that works part time at academy just so he can get a discount and first dibs on ammo and reloading supplies.

Comment

The fact that you can't find these seldom used rounds or 12 gauge bird shot solidifies the fact that these people are just buying it up to create demand and selling it at astronomical prices to make a big profit. These rounds don't just fly off of the shelves because people are using 200 rounds to hunt with.
          Originally posted by 68RR View Post
          Or there is a supply chain issue? If individuals are having trouble getting powder, primers, etc., why wouldn't it be the same for manufacturers of ammo? You guys also realize there are a Brazilian new gun owners now, right? Don't be mad at someone for buying what they want.

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          Well I hope those a holes who have no use for it are stuck with it.
          Don't be angry at someone who is making a buck. Different story if store employees are raiding it. There should be a limit there. If I told you I'd sell you all my ammo, over 25K rounds total of multiple, popular calibers, for $0.25 a round, don't act like you wouldn't take it all and try to sell what you don't need for a premium. Ammo was dirt cheap the last few years. Hell, you could buy 1K rounds of 5.56 for as low as $0.25 per round in brass. Whomever didn't buy a few thousand rounds can only look in the mirror to blame for not having any now.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
            Or there is a supply chain issue? If individuals are having trouble getting powder, primers, etc., why wouldn't it be the same for manufacturers of ammo? You guys also realize there are a Brazilian new gun owners now, right? Don't be mad at someone for buying what they want.

Different story if store employees are raiding it. There should be a limit there.
            No ones making a buck, they are making a killing and taking advantage, same thing with toilet paper and paper towels during this bs. They didn't need it, they weren't being generous and selling it to people that needed it. Don't be dense.

In all my years hunting it's never looked like this. It's people taking advantage of a situation. That's all it is. No one is buying bulk #8 birdshot because they are a Brazlian new gun owner or need self defense. Same with 7 mag.

If your theories are true then explain the pricing on Gunbroker.
            Last edited by Trip McNeely; 01-21-2021, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              I would take as much new 7 mag brass as I could find. Looking for Norma, Hornady, or Winchester. PPU 7mag brass splits very quickly.
              I may have some Win or Hornady that I can part with. I'll check when I get home.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

• I'd bet most of it is greed but also supply chain. We are seeing supply chains issues like never before in the auto industry right now. Has to be effecting other industry's as well.
                1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Don't be angry at someone who is making a buck. Different story if store employees are raiding it. There should be a limit there. If I told you I'd sell you all my ammo, over 25K rounds total of multiple, popular calibers, for $0.25 a round, don't act like you wouldn't take it all and try to sell what you don't need for a premium. Ammo was dirt cheap the last few years. Hell, you could buy 1K rounds of 5.56 for as low as $0.25 per round in brass. Whomever didn't buy a few thousand rounds can only look in the mirror to blame for not having any now.
                  This is the case where 5-6 guys show up at 4 am and form a line. The Store (because of Covid) only allows X amount in at one time. Since the stores have no limit, those in line buy it all! They come out of the store with shopping carts damn near full! Been there-seen it! Sooo, I guess you're ok with that?

I can understand, if you do a lot of target shooting, not set up to reload, to keep a good supply on hand. But to grab up 1k plus rounds of hunting ammo, including calibers you don't have?????

Comment

No ones making a buck, they are making a killing and taking advantage, same thing with toilet paper and paper towels during this bs. They didn't need it, they weren't being generous and selling it to people that needed it. Don't be dense.

In all my years hunting it's never looked like this. It's people taking advantage of a situation. That's all it is. No one is buying bulk #8 birdshot because they are a Brazlian new gun owner or need self defense. Same with 7 mag.

If your theories are true then explain the pricing on Gunbroker.
                    I fail to see the issue with someone purchasing ammo and selling at a profit. I've hunted my entire life. The 8 point my youngest killed this year was with ammo that is over 30 years old. I keep smaller amounts of hunting rounds on hand. We also like to plink, so we have thousands of rounds in plinking caliber. I bought when there was a surplus and bought it cheap. I'm not looking to sell, but if I needed to make some extra cash, I certainly would. That's not a crime. Ammo is not milk or water.

For the "obscene" pricing on Gunbroker, well, it's not obscene if someone pays it. That's how the market works. Demand drives prices. Demand is sky high due to supply chain issues, new gun owners, and people fearing what regulations are coming down the pipeline. The choice is up to someone to purchase it or not. IMO, it's foolish to gripe about it. Just don't pay the price if you don't like it.

Now, who needs bird shot? I've got probably 10 cases. Who's buying?

Comment

• The academy in Rockwall has a 3 box limit. I guess that's not a corporate mandate.
                      G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                        This is the case where 5-6 guys show up at 4 am and form a line. The Store (because of Covid) only allows X amount in at one time. Since the stores have no limit, those in line buy it all! They come out of the store with shopping carts damn near full! Been there-seen it! Sooo, I guess you're ok with that?

I can understand, if you do a lot of target shooting, not set up to reload, to keep a good supply on hand. But to grab up 1k plus rounds of hunting ammo, including calibers you don't have?????
                        Do you have an alarm clock? If they get there at 4am, then get there at 3:30am. Problem solved. Those guys are making an investment. You can do the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                          The academy in Rockwall has a 3 box limit. I guess that's not a corporate mandate.
                          McKinney and Frisco are the same, but only for pistol and rifle, at least as of a few weeks ago. I haven't been back since then.

Comment

• Thats the thing that bothers me about stores like Academy and whatnot, is all the fucking scalpers are the ones buying up all the ammo not anyone else. Obviously not Academy's fault, but its a big problem.

Texas AG has gone after Cheaper Than Dirt this year for scalping a neccessity, which they consider ammo being one of, just like food, water, gasoline. Precident is being set that ammo can not be gouged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Labora View Post
                              I'd bet most of it is greed but also supply chain. We are seeing supply chains issues like never before in the auto industry right now. Has to be effecting other industry's as well.
                              Some of the Munition Producers CEO's have released videos saying they're working 24-7 to produce ammo. They all say 5 million + new gun owners buying just 2 boxes of ammo, threw them a curve ball. BUT, these idiots that are clearing out stores are really doing the "damage", in my humble opinion.

Comment

I fail to see the issue with someone purchasing ammo and selling at a profit. I've hunted my entire life. The 8 point my youngest killed this year was with ammo that is over 30 years old. I keep smaller amounts of hunting rounds on hand. We also like to plink, so we have thousands of rounds in plinking caliber. I bought when there was a surplus and bought it cheap. I'm not looking to sell, but if I needed to make some extra cash, I certainly would. That's not a crime. Ammo is not milk or water.

For the "obscene" pricing on Gunbroker, well, it's not obscene if someone pays it. That's how the market works. Demand drives prices. Demand is sky high due to supply chain issues, new gun owners, and people fearing what regulations are coming down the pipeline. The choice is up to someone to purchase it or not. IMO, it's foolish to gripe about it. Just don't pay the price if you don't like it.

Now, who needs bird shot? I've got probably 10 cases. Who's buying?
                                Making money is one thing. Fucking people for the sake of greed and turning the market on its head because of it is another. It really screws the new hunter and youth hunters as well as maybe someone who needs self defense ammo but doesn't have a WW3 Bunker.

Comment

Working...
                                X