Biden Anti 2nd amendment promises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    I dunno man, sounds like a lot of resentment in that first statement.
    Have you ever heard the term rent-seeking used as a pejorative? When I buy something mechanical I want something that is reliable and not something that is produced by a company that made the decision to become a bunch of rent-seekers.

I don't have resentment towards Mercedes but in the mid-90s they made the decision that their cars were built too well and that it was hurting their sales. Since then they have designed, built, and sold an inferior product that I want no part of because they are not reliable.

Edit: I've owned numerous Mercedes w124 chassis cars. They are arguably one of the most reliable cars ever built in the history of the automotive world. They've gone from that level of craftsmanship and reliability to cars where the seat adjustments won't work on a new car because the electronics controlling them are overly complex and poorly made.
    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 01-21-2021, 02:21 PM.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      Have you ever heard the term rent-seeking used as a pejorative? When I buy something mechanical I want something that is reliable and not something that is produced by a company that made the decision to become a bunch of rent-seekers.

I don't have resentment towards Mercedes but in the mid-90s they made the decision that their cars were built too well and that it was hurting their sales. Since then they have designed, built, and sold an inferior product that I want no part of because they are not reliable.

Edit: I've owned numerous Mercedes w124 chassis cars. They are arguably one of the most reliable cars ever built in the history of the automotive world. They've gone from that level of craftsmanship and reliability to cars where the seat adjustments won't work on a new car because the electronics controlling them are overly complex and poorly made.
      Yet per your argument, at least in here, Who cares the market justifies it. People are obviously willing to pay to have their cars consistently in the shop I mean after all its been that way for years, right? So the only people that are willing to pay for that, don't give a fuck. And you are in agreeance apparently half way that oh well, thats how they make their money.

Comment

Do you really think the people gouging on GunBroker need cash? like, NEED it? I don't know but I would be willing to say they don't, at least the majority don't. Sure its a business to them, it's their business but I don't agree with the manner of it so I won't pay it. That's me. I'm good on mine.
        Do you really think people NEED ammo that can't get it? I mean like NEED it to live, not to hunt birds for fun on the weekend.

There are three options with anything high priced. You can 1) Pay the price and STFU; 2) You can pay the price and do nothing but bitch about the sand in your vagina because you had to pay $100 for a box of 50 rounds that used to cost $10; or 3) You can not pay the price and move along until no one buys it and it comes back down. It's that simple.

Comment

Yet per your argument, at least in here, Who cares the market justifies it. People are obviously willing to pay to have their cars consistently in the shop I mean after all its been that way for years, right? So the only people that are willing to pay for that, don't give a fuck. And you are in agreeance apparently half way that oh well, thats how they make their money.
          How that came up in conversation was someone asking how bad the upkeep on a German car is. I relayed my experiences and advised against buying that type of car. I wouldn't mind expensive maintenance if the cars actually ran and the features worked but the cars are horribly unreliable and the features don't work for long.

Recently A friend of mine had a certified pre-owned E-class 4-door that he could no longer afford so I paid off the note and got the car. The dealers service department had it more than I did. They replaced the transmission under warranty and they could not get the seat adjustments to work despite having replaced every single component including the seat. It has a bumper to bumper warranty and even when Mercedes AG is writing checks to the dealership that are effectively unlimited they cannot get the car to run correctly or the features to work. We're talking about a car that was a few years old with under 50,000 miles on it. Windshield wipers that work? Nope. Windows that roll down when you push the button? Nope, they just kind of rolled down randomly as you're driving down the road and you can't get them back up. Climate control such as a defroster or air conditioning? Hell no, you spoiled or something?

The above nightmare wasn't even my first experience with that type of random and incredibly expensive failures out of a Mercedes. Like I said, I've learned my lesson.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
            Do you really think people NEED ammo that can't get it? I mean like NEED it to live, not to hunt birds for fun on the weekend.

There are three options with anything high priced. You can 1) Pay the price and STFU; 2) You can pay the price and do nothing but bitch about the sand in your vagina because you had to pay $100 for a box of 50 rounds that used to cost $10; or 3) You can not pay the price and move along until no one buys it and it comes back down. It's that simple.
            Sure like people in Alaska or remote that depend on hunting for food. And all of this is predicated on debating the elephant in the room. I could care less as like I’ve said before I’m good on what I have. I didn’t come in here starting a thread saying people price gouging me personally and I’m going to die. Let’s get that straight.

Comment

Sure like people in Alaska or remote that depend on hunting for food. And all of this is predicated on debating the elephant in the room. I could care less as like I’ve said before I’m good on what I have. I didn’t come in here starting a thread saying people price gouging me personally and I’m going to die. Let’s get that straight.
              4 bullets per year could feed a very large family in Alaska. I don't know whether or not you've shot a moose before but a big one produces 700 lb of meat.

Comment

LMAO I am sure the people in Alaska have the ammo they need to eat. Let's be clear about that. Now if there is a dinosaur attack, they may need more lead...

Comment

• The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting and this is the faux pas of the NRA. At least if they go broke they will quit negotiating our rights away. Carry on.

Comment

• how you gonna hunt without a gun ?

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                      how you gonna hunt without a gun ?
                      If you leave it up to the NRA, they'll agree with democrats that you could still hunt with as little as a slingshot.

Comment

• Below are all of the instances that the NRA not only supported but helped pass gun control:

Brady Check —*They Supported

Lautenberg Gun Ban —*They Supported

Gun Free School Zones —*They Supported

2007 NICS Expansion —*They Supported

2018 Fix NICS —*They Supported

2019 Bump Stock Ban —*They Supported

2019 Red Flag Gun Seizures —*They Support

1986 Machine Gun Ban (Hughes Amdmt to FOPA) —*They Supported

1934 –*Helped write the National Firearms Act

1938 –*Helped write the Federal Firearms Act

1968 –*Helped write the Gun Control Act

Comment

• Goa > nra

Comment

Goa > nra
                            Hell yes ^

Comment

Goa > nra
                              X2

Please don't forget about the Second Amendment Foundation.

Comment

• I'm a big fan of Firearms Policy Coalition
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X