New Scooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
    new 690/701 in SM trim will do almost 130mph. the 450/501 ktm husq variants have stupid maintenance schedules, I feel bad for anyone street riding one.
    For the 450s, yes. The 500s are bulletproof, and any service intervals you see in the manual are geared more towards racing, and not easier dual sport duty. Valves stay in spec for quite long, ill take my oil to 20 hrs typically. Ive seen some high mileage 500s with original motors and no real issues. I only ride mine on the street far enough to get to the dirt usually. Best do it all bike. Decent enough on the road, very good in the dirt, you can dual sport it, supermoto, and snowbike it. The 690 is not better enough on road to give up the massive offroad advantage the 500 has

Comment

How’s Boisssse these days? Haven’t been there in about a year. A few friends of mine who live in Meridian say they’re drowning in new development around their place.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        How’s Boisssse these days? Haven’t been there in about a year. A few friends of mine who live in Meridian say they’re drowning in new development around their place.
        It’s insane dude. I think we have the hottest housing market in the country right now. I’ve been here 2 years, and the amount of growth in that time has been pretty wild. The treasure valley doesn’t have near the infrastructure to deal with it either. Literally one major highway (I-84)

Comment

Idaho is insane now. Shit tons of work from home employees are now moving and taking advantage of the lower cost of living... at least for now. I see alot of Oregon and CA plates.

Comment

As I am getting use to the Duc it dawned on me this immaculate bitch was missing the redline and not revving as hard as it should. Top end was lacking also as it wouldn't pull in 6th much. This thing is fun though, I actually like catching a little air coming off imperfections in the road, and to be low on power it still had great torque and ran fine. Honestly the more I ride it the better it handles, I am betting me loosening up for sure. Anyways, today I stripped her down and realized it had sucked all of this craptastic airbox cover thingy into the air filter. It was probably only getting half the air it should have. I won a programable race computer for it that I probably don't need now even though I modded the airbox. They run lean from the factory so I might use it anyways. Should be alive come wed when I get the new filter. I imagine a huge difference as it was literally maxing out in 1-4 at 6500 like a soft rev limiter. The one down side is every damn aftermarket part is a gazillion dollars.

It reminds me of when I got that beast built up KFX700 back from my friend. He thought it was nuts, I got on it and said WTF it's down half the power.
            Last edited by kingjason; 06-05-2021, 10:22 PM.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

unfortunately my moto riding is on hold this summer. i've crashed many motorcycles and ive walked away not seriously injured, and then i get on my buddies e-bike mountain bike and loop it trying to do a wheelie and grenade my tibia in a spectacular way...

Comment

Way to bring the damn room down.

That fucking sucks and you are 100 percent correct it is always some stupid shit that takes you out. I almost got de brained on my mountain bike.

Get better man.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                  unfortunately my moto riding is on hold this summer. i've crashed many motorcycles and ive walked away not seriously injured, and then i get on my buddies e-bike mountain bike and loop it trying to do a wheelie and grenade my tibia in a spectacular way...

Damn man you should try to avoid doing things like that in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                    Damn man you should try to avoid doing things like that in the future.
                    Solid fucking advice right here...

Holy fuck man, that is a ton of new zipper you have there.
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                      Hows the leg gimpy?

Oh and to update the Ducati, that MF rips now. Wheelies no problem in the first three and hits redline no issues all the way into top gear. It does have some bullshit high end multi surface tires on it though. It likes to shake its head in 6th on the upper end. Even a steering stabilizer won't calm it. When I wear these out I will put some proper street tires on it. For what it is designed for they are fine.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

you did that on a fuckin e-bike? stay away from them in the future

Comment

Where are the nasty pics bro?

Hope you get to feeling better ASAP

Comment

Working...
                          X