Lowdown on Off-road parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowdown on Off-road parks

As some know I bought a Jeep about a month ago but still haven't had a chance to get it off road. I am planning on taking it out to Bridgeport in a couple of weeks but wanted to get some input / opinions of other places you guys may have been..

Picture of the new (to me) ride:

Last edited by Chili; 10-26-2016, 03:20 PM.

What year? I am really want a Jeep to toy around with. There are some trails around Broken Bow and also the K trail just north of there.
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
      What year? I am really want a Jeep to toy around with. There are some trails around Broken Bow and also the K trail just north of there.
      It's a 2012. I've been wanting one for quite a while but losing space was always a concern. That said, both of our boys are in college now, the oldest down in College Station, both with their own cars / jobs / lives, so they don't go anywhere with us anymore. So I just needed space for one kid and 2 dogs, and finally pulled the trigger.

I don't plan to do too much more to it right now, but would like to eventually start building it to keep long term, eventually becoming a 3rd vehicle with the intent of moving up to CO with it when the last kid is graduated from HS. As it is I'll probably keep it as a daily until I pay it off..

I've heard about and have seen pics of the K trail, and it looks cool. That said, Right now I am looking a little closer to home for day trips.

Comment

Badass! Jump on predator jeeps page on FB, those very happy people go out every weekend.

Comment

North TX Jeep Club on Facebook. I want a 2012 or newer for the 3.6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Nice "before" pictures!

Comment

Ask White88, he's some kind of Jeep whisperer.

Comment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                I like it.. it's peppy.

Comment

Also the 722.6 transmission instead of the 42RLE and the Dana 44 rear axle.

Comment

Bridgeport is a great day trip park. Barnswell in Gilmer/East Texas is a great park to go camping and offroad for a weekend.

Hot Springs Offroad in Arkansas is another favorite with acres of trails of different degrees.

Always good to go wheeling with another jeep incase of boom.
                    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

I got about 18 already lifted for you

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        Also the 722.6 transmission instead of the 42RLE and the Dana 44 rear axle.
                        All JK have D44 rear axle, the rubicon models have a 44 front also.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                          Bridgeport is a great day trip park. Barnswell in Gilmer/East Texas is a great park to go camping and offroad for a weekend.

Hot Springs Offroad in Arkansas is another favorite with acres of trails of different degrees.
                          I've been wanting to check out the Hot Springs park. I'm more into getting way out though, not just trail driving. Can you get lost, I mean way out secluded kind of primitive camping there or is it pretty much on-trail only?

Comment

x2 for Barnswell in Gilmer, pretty cool place and the owners are awesome.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                              I've been wanting to check out the Hot Springs park. I'm more into getting way out though, not just trail driving. Can you get lost, I mean way out secluded kind of primitive camping there or is it pretty much on-trail only?

Trails only there.....no blazing. Sounds like you prefer K-trail Overland Jeeping.

I always go out with another vehicle or group in case of boomage.

Hot Springs has everything from beginner to buggy trails and its beautiful in the fall. They have good camping facilities plus a store for basic stuff. Good cabins also. Cell signal varies there.

Gilmer is awesome and the red clay can challenge you. Trails change all the time there when it rains. They have great camping areas also with cabins.
                              Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Working...
                              X