Homealone's 62 Ford Country Sedan Build Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 351Coupe View Post
    This makes me want to get back to my 63 Fairlane. I need to some new parts for my Granada disc swap, put it on, new front tires, and alignment.
    Will the Fairlane spindles fit on a Mustang? I have a complete CSRP Granada swap on my 66 I want to unload so I can do the 03 Cobra brakes.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
      I have a complete CSRP Granada swap on my 66 I want to unload so I can do the 03 Cobra brakes.

Let me know what you want for it. I could use it on my Fastback.

Comment

• Originally posted by homealone View Post
        Let me know what you want for it. I could use it on my Fastback.
        Got any spindles and 5 lug drums? As long as I can cover the cost of the upgrade I'm good lol

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• I used my last two sets on my 66 and the Falcon. I do have the set on the fastback though.

Comment

• Pm me with details

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
              Pm me with details
              I don't think it will be anytime soon.

Comment

• Well this thread was due for some updates. Not much to share until recently.

To appease some of you, and you know who you are, I put the Supremes back on for a while and entered it in a local car show.

The Horse Power Rod & Custom Show at Lone Star Park. That turd took home "Best In Class" lol

Comment

• Nice!

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Well, where to begin. I've always had the intention of running a specific wheel and tire combo on the wagon but never wanted to shell out the cash. Since I have had it on the road, I have been revolving my stash of wheels on hand. Supremes, Bullitts, polished Bullitts, FR500's, etc.

Lets see how simple it is to add a set of wheels. The first thing I needed to do is see what would fit. With a lot of measuring, thinking, looking at options and even bolting on the slicks off my Fastback which share the back spacing with the wheels I want, I made the decision and ordered the wheels I knew would not fit without a little work.

Lets just say nothing went as planned. I'd like to say I should have left it as is but I am happy with the outcome.

Here are the mockup wheels. Same B/S and 1.5" narrower than the wheels I want. At least I know the slicks with fit when I need them.

Comment

• Here is where things went south.

Over the next week I searched vendors and located the best deal and ordered everything in.

When the wheels came, one was damaged and the wrong size. My vendor was quick to order another one in. A few days later, the replacement wheel came damaged. So they ordered another one. Now we are good to go. I have to hand it to Wheel Pros for taking care of me and standing behind their supplier.

Here is a sneak peak. Old school 15" American Racing Torq Thrust D wheels.

And here is what I need to compensate for. I'll cover that later.

Comment

• Now lets talk tires. I am not a fan of Discount Tire. They have always done more damage than good. Managers doing burnouts in my Mustang, dragging the sidewall of my slicks across the floor, peeling the powder coat off my M5 wheels, nicking brand new Bullitts installing a valve stem, flat out lying to me about an order, etc. Lets just say I have been avoiding them for years.

But it's been a while, everyone I know has good things to say about them, no issues and fair pricing. So I decide to give them another chance.

So I found the best price on the tires I wanted. The online price shipped was a $100 less than Discount's price before tax, etc.

I decided that if Discount could beat the best price, I would give them another chance. Lets say I was pleasantly surprised. Discount was able to come in $3 cheaper for the tires, mounted, balance and stems than taking my mail order tires to my usual guy for the labor.

So I went against my better judgment and gave them a shot. What a poor decision that was.

When the tires came in I explained my past experiences to the Asst. Manager, he assured me things would be different this time and he would have his best guy do the work. Well I have heard that before. I further expressed my concerns and gave him explicit instructions which included "Do Not Touch The Inside Face Of The Wheel" since this was the damage to the 4th wheel I received from the vendor.

Well they decided to completely ignore my instructions and over handled them with their dirty ass hands/gloves and scratched all 3 wheels. (I was still waiting on the 4th to come in) Not to mention, they had over 3oz of balance weight stacked on top of each other.

So after a few discussions with 2 Asst. Managers and the Manager, (This place is like a bank, everyone is a VP) I was given a refund on one tire and the labor for my trouble. The manager offered to buy me new wheels, like they have in the past, but I declined. The scratches are minimal and my big issue was that they could not follow simple directions. Plus, I figured they will get scratched the first time I wash them anyway.

I then had them rebalance them while being told it's impossible to balance larger tires. BS. Amazingly they were able to balance them with .5oz with me standing over their shoulder.

Here is another sneak peak.

Comment

• More to follow but I have one of those job things to be at in about 6hrs.

Comment

• Made in China American Racing Torq Thrust D wheels. Sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by UserX View Post
                              Made in China American Racing Torq Thrust D wheels. Sad.
                              X2 that is depressing
                              -Blaine

Comment

• Originally posted by UserX View Post
                                Made in China American Racing Torq Thrust D wheels. Sad.
                                Originally posted by bpawl View Post
                                X2 that is depressing
                                If you want wheels made in America prepare to spend choo$$$ chooo$$$$$$ money.

Comment

Working...
                                X