Stay off GB tollway when it rains.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    No mention of what tires or what condition they are in?
    Nearly new 275 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's.

Comment

government shit is wild. if it is this crazy for municipalities and counties, i cannot guess how out of control federal is. a higher up army bro i met said it pretty much works the same for some dod, for we talked about my experience with budgets for "repairs" of a pd and fd of a city years back. mostly fd because cops fuck cars up. i mean they fucking destroy cars. no fucks given. i hardly ever fixed pd cars.

however, the fd would bring something by to get painted or "fixed" most every year just so he would not lose budget next year.

i wonder how much federal money the ntta gets on top of our tolls.

Comment

I’ll have to check that out on the Mickey Thompsons I have on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Make sure to get video w/audio.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

I've got a buddy works for the FAA at DFW, they have all kinds of parts in inventory because they spend every dime they can. Some parts they don't even know what they fit, others they have two lifetime supplies. All tools he has requested in the last year are snap-on, and instead of having a central box(s) he is pushing to have 11 fully stocked boxes at each location they might be used so that they don't have to lug around a tool box.

They try to meet/exceed their budget every year and it's like a fucking game to them, he sends me texts telling me what he's buying/bought because they wanted to spend money.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

I wouldn't recommend it. I got stuck coming back from Northstar one evening and it started raining. I had on MT ET Streets w/4.56 gears and it was an ass pucker moment all the way home.

Comment

Yeah, on that new surface with minimal or no tread, it will be almost as bad as driving on ice. I've got plenty of tread, and the car was hydroplaning at any speed above about 35mph. If you aren't kidding start out slow, and stay in the right lane, ready to exit.

Had I been a novice driver who's never learned about and experienced hydroplaning, I would have spun around and/or hit a car for sure. There were quite a few minor wrecks that day.

Comment

I'm convinced those in charge of roads in Texas just think of ways to fuck with drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                    Make sure to get video w/audio.
                    Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                    I wouldn't recommend it. I got stuck coming back from Northstar one evening and it started raining. I had on MT ET Streets w/4.56 gears and it was an ass pucker moment all the way home.
                    I bet you guys are a blast at parties.

Comment

I'm just hoping that we could goad you enough that you'll do it. It's for the greater good.

Think of it as an informal traffic study. Be sure to do this at rush hour so we can get good data.
                      G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                        I'm just hoping that we could goad you enough that you'll do it. It's for the greater good.

Think of it as an informal traffic study. Be sure to do this at rush hour so we can get good data.
                        I’ll data log the event.

Comment

I’ll data log the event.
                          Acceptable
                          G'Day Mate

Comment

Perfect conditions today, we're awaiting footage.
                            G'Day Mate

Comment

Yes. With my best DON SVO recommended cigar in one hand a beer in the other.

Look forward to the data log.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                                Yes. With my best DON SVO recommended cigar in one hand a beer in the other.

Look forward to the data log.
                                You'll like his data log
                                G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                                X