Is Texas real estate slowing down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    For the first time in 10 years...my property taxes went down! Gotta be a sign for sure...hopefully it hits the acreage hard.
    Shit, mine went up almost 20k!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• I'm thinking I may pull a Paladin and claim my turdhole is worth $375k just because the tax rolls have it at $363K.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        I got my appraisal notice from Collin CAD today and burst out laughing. Those dipshits increased the value of my house almost exactly 10% and have it at $363K. I'm going to list it in the next three months and was thinking I need to sell it at $340K to get any decent sort of action. Obviously these clowns have gotten lazy.
        Those bastards at Collin CAD always had my appraisal $30k (or more) higher than what the house would sell for. I went down there one year to contest the appraisal and they weren't going to budge until I showed them pictures of water damage that we had. We split down the middle between what I wanted and what they wanted and I considered that a victory. While I was there I noticed that other homeowners didn't seem to have much luck getting their appraisals reduced either.

Every year it was the same - open the appraisal notice and shake my head at the increase, even in years where the bottom had fallen out of the real estate market.

Comment

• I just sent in my protest. They put mine up $96k over last year. I don’t know where they get their info. I am in Johnson county out of the city limits. We protested about 8 years ago and won. They had info on our house and my storage barn incorrect.

CN

Comment

• Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
            I just sent in my protest. They put mine up $96k over last year. I don’t know where they get their info. I am in Johnson county out of the city limits. We protested about 8 years ago and won. They had info on our house and my storage barn incorrect.

CN
            Either you live in a badass setup or you need to apply for homestead exemption. Or did you just add the barn?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Either you live in a badass setup or you need to apply for homestead exemption. Or did you just add the barn?
              Already homestead in 2007. Barn was already there when we moved here. Built another metal building 6 years ago. Appraisal went up 5 years ago. I hope they just goofed.

CN

Comment

• Mine went up $35k this year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Finally got around to opening the notice, and our appraisal dropped $12k from last year. The land went up $10k, and house itself dropped $22k. I'm not complaining about the reduced taxes, but this doesn't seem congruent with the actual sale prices in the area, which are still on the rise or flat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    Finally got around to opening the notice, and our appraisal dropped $12k from last year. The land went up $10k, and house itself dropped $22k. I'm not complaining about the reduced taxes, but this doesn't seem congruent with the actual sale prices in the area, which are still on the rise or flat.
                    Agreed. I think it's because they have been using predictive/price forecast models and since there was a small dip...they forecast a down trend.

Our house appraised at less than the smaller, lower optioned house next door recently sold for and we have a corner lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X