Picked up a new bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    High speed get off that injured the knee.

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...knee+torn+dave

Yup...that sucked. Knee still gives me problems. I'm ready to get back into it though.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
      Yup...that sucked. Knee still gives me problems. I'm ready to get back into it though.
      Yeah they just get worse and worse the older you get. Mine hasn't felt this good in years though. My MRI actually came back clear and it's just wear and tear from the original injury of busting the knee cap at 18 causing arthritis. They want to inject rooster comb into it or some shit. Said it would feel good for up to a year when the original shot wears off. I am kind of skeptical.

Good news is, after much tinkering with my bike, it sounded really good today. He's screwed with it so much he fired it with a tennis shoe today in two kicks cold. Had a couple of tight valves, and he thinks the aftermarket adjustable fuel meter is a little out of spec. I think the prior guy just screwed with two many things on the carb and got it way out of spec. Even though I thought it ran perfect he wants to up the pilot jet one. Guy just wont let it go until it's 100 percent the way he wants it.
      Last edited by kingjason; 04-30-2015, 09:07 PM.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

That's good, if you want to hit up a mx track sometime let me know and I'll try to make it.

Comment

I went out Saturday and managed to fracture a couple of ribs. My wife decided it's time for me to grab some protective gear. Does anyone have experience with the Troy Lee Shock Doctor?
          It seems to have pretty good reviews.

Comment

No input on the shock doctor but damn I hate breaking ribs!!
            Originally posted by soap
            i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

I went out Saturday and managed to fracture a couple of ribs. My wife decided it's time for me to grab some protective gear. Does anyone have experience with the Troy Lee Shock Doctor?
              No But when I bruised my ribs last year in a cross country race mad me never want to ride woods again, that shit hurts!

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                No But when I bruised my ribs last year in a cross country race mad me never want to ride woods again, that shit hurts!
                It's not riding in the woods that hurt you, it's the highlighted above!
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I would recommend this...

A lot of people swear by the Alpinestars A8 and Scott Commander as well. Broken ribs suck!

Comment

Working...
                  X