What to do with this area...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with this area...

Was trying to find a before pic and could not do so. This area beside my detached garage was so overgrown when we moved in, trees were grown into the side of the shop, you literally could not walk through it. After two years of chainsaw, machete, and four wheeler dragging work here we are! it is freed up again! Finally! Lots of just garbage sitting on the ledge now, but I am wondering what to do with this area. There is a retaining wall on the right by the creek and that elevated concrete slab extension to the left. The dirt area starts at 3' wide in the front and goes to 7' wide near the back of the garage.

I do not want to spend the money cementing it in, it would need 8" in some places to be level with the other. I want to do something with the entire area from power pole back. I was thinking on either

A. just using pavers and covering that entire area

B. maybe building a deck across the area that sits flush with top of slab for extra storage or fourwheeler parking etc.

C. Maybe you guys are smarter than I, any ideas?

Just let the forest take it back over = Zero effort
    1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
    TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
    Work In Progress

Comment

No offense, but if that's two years of work are you going to hire someone to do whatever you end up choosing? I would build a deck and probably still try to clean up the wooded are some more.

Comment

just bring in some rock or pebbles and cover the area

Comment

well I guess I did not specify exactly- two years off and on of work. We have also been busy remodeling three bathrooms and an entire upstairs...it was a side job!

Comment

Just build a deck with treated lumber.

Comment

8 foot electric fence with razor wire. I have seen too many scary movies with scenery that looked like that!

Comment

Yeah, that looks a little squatchy.
                WH

Comment

If you choose some sort of covering of whatever sort, compact the dirt real good. Hopefully will help let things grow. Brick pavers be best. Fast and easy. Sand is an easy leveler for the pavers.

Comment

I would fix / build up the retaining wall and back-fill to (almost) level with fill dirt.

Comment

Not with wood

Comment

Deer blind

Comment

Working...
                        X